Looking to move to Android from iOS. Would I be dumb to buy something this close to IFA?

sgroh87

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an upgrade available at AT&T, and I'd like to give Android a try again after using iOS for the past two years. My last Android was a GS2 Skyrocket for AT&T. I liked it, but the low resolution and the "Android Stutter" made me trade it for an iPhone 4S, which had a much better (though smaller) screen and the UX was buttery smooth. Now that Project Butter has smoothed out the UI and Android has become more pixel-dense, I'd like to give it another try.

I mainly use my phone for listening to music & podcasts and reading, so I'm looking for something with a large screen, 32GB storage MINIMUM (though I would be happier with 64GB), a decent speakerphone, and a solid battery (an average day for me starts at 7:30am and ends around 10:30pm). I'm considering the HTC One or the LG Optimus G Pro. The thing is that IFA is rumored to bring the Galaxy Note 3 and the HTC One Max, both of which are - according to the rumors I've heard - strong contenders for my next phone.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to go ahead and pick a device now and stop worrying about it, or waiting for the One Max to be announced. My concern is that I'll fall into the "just a few more months" trap and I'll always be waiting for the upcoming "next big thing." Or, even worse, I'll get one of these devices and then when the next big thing comes out, I'll regret my purchase. I mean, by the time these new IFA phones are available in the US, it'll probably be almost October. By then the next Nexus will have been rumored/announced, etc.

Where do you guys stand on waiting for a device versus buying the best that's out now? If you think I should buy now, what do you think about the One vs the Optimus G Pro?

eddy14

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Just wait for IFA. I would wait for IFA to happen and see what is unveiled, but if I really had to buy a phone now, it would be the One

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC