"Please insert an SD card"... Help?

Alex Toole

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Droid HTC Incredible 2, and have had it for about a year and a half now. Yesterday I went to use my phone, as normal, and went to look at some photos in my gallery. Well, the screen told me to "Please insert an SD card." As far as I know, I've always had an SD card and have never removed the one in there, which I believe is 16 GB. I took out the mini SD, left it out for a bit, put it back in, same problem. I restarted the phone, took out the SIM card, did all the things one does when there is a little glitch in the phone. Nothing has worked so far -- when I want to take a picture, look at pictures, listen to music, etc., it tells me there is no SD card. In the settings menu, under the 'SD and phone storage' tab, it says my total space is 'Unavailable.' The option to 'Mount SD card' is gray and can't be clicked on.

So is my SD card shot? Are all my hundreds of pictures and music all gone forever? Can/will Verizon help me out with this? Can/will YOU help me out with this?

Thanks!

Alex Toole

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Right, it's MicroSD, not miniSD.... I have a MacBook so I can't insert my Droid's MicroSD card unless I have an adapter, which I don't. So I haven't been able to try that approach yet

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
This has also been happening to me over the past year. What i do ...turn off the phone take out the sd card then put it back in then turn phone back on.

It may take more than one attempt at this but it has always worked for me.

If it doesn't work after a few attempts, you will probably need a new card.