- 2 Posts
"Please insert an SD card"... Help?
I have a Droid HTC Incredible 2, and have had it for about a year and a half now. Yesterday I went to use my phone, as normal, and went to look at some photos in my gallery. Well, the screen told me to "Please insert an SD card." As far as I know, I've always had an SD card and have never removed the one in there, which I believe is 16 GB. I took out the mini SD, left it out for a bit, put it back in, same problem. I restarted the phone, took out the SIM card, did all the things one does when there is a little glitch in the phone. Nothing has worked so far -- when I want to take a picture, look at pictures, listen to music, etc., it tells me there is no SD card. In the settings menu, under the 'SD and phone storage' tab, it says my total space is 'Unavailable.' The option to 'Mount SD card' is gray and can't be clicked on.
So is my SD card shot? Are all my hundreds of pictures and music all gone forever? Can/will Verizon help me out with this? Can/will YOU help me out with this?
- 08-12-2013, 10:11 PM #2
- 08-13-2013, 10:27 AM #4
- 382 Posts
- MiRaGe *PurePerformance*
Re: "Please insert an SD card"... Help?
This has also been happening to me over the past year. What i do ...turn off the phone take out the sd card then put it back in then turn phone back on.
It may take more than one attempt at this but it has always worked for me.
If it doesn't work after a few attempts, you will probably need a new card.
- By enduser2941 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 7Last Post: 05-22-2014, 07:40 PM
- By atq123 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2013, 11:23 PM
- By abdullah98 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 08-13-2013, 10:22 PM
- By Jeremy_Collinsworth in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2013, 06:36 PM
- By vpblaze in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 08-13-2013, 11:56 AM