Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Emerson 543 tablet power button problem...

Hi all,so i have a emerson 543 tablet(basically the polariod PMID4311,rebranded)and i love it to be honest..nice little tablet for the price,but put it away the other day and the power button is now sunk in.,cant seem to get it out,anyone have this same problem?found a way of getting it out?know how to?my sons use it so all thair saved games will be gone if i cant fix it...hopefully someone can help.thanks in advance..

Global Posts
    8,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Emerson 543 tablet power button problem...

Quote Originally Posted by stermon View Post
    Hi all,so i have a emerson 543 tablet(basically the polariod PMID4311,rebranded)and i love it to be honest..nice little tablet for the price,but put it away the other day and the power button is now sunk in.,cant seem to get it out,anyone have this same problem?found a way of getting it out?know how to?my sons use it so all thair saved games will be gone if i cant fix it...hopefully someone can help.thanks in advance..http://imageshack.us/scaled/modthumb/94/fidu.jpg
    With the button sunk down you don't have the ability to still use it, right? You might need to remove the case (not sure how it's done on this device) and see what is wrong with the button hardware.
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.

I'm not familiar with that tablet either. Might be able to take the case off (as suggested).

Can you pop it out with a pin or something?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,273 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

My cousin has a small Android tablet (don't remember the name or brand) and he had a similar problem.

I yanked the power button up with a small knife, placed a piece of rubber under and then the power button back in place.
    His tablet has had no problems since then.

If you try this though, be very careful!
    A knife is a dangerous tool and could hurt you or anybody around you at that moment.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    With the button sunk down you don't have the ability to still use it, right? You might need to remove the case (not sure how it's done on this device) and see what is wrong with the button hardware.
    yes but you cant put it in sleep mode,so battery dies real quick..gona have to try and open it i guess,thanks for the advice tho..

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    I'm not familiar with that tablet either. Might be able to take the case off (as suggested).no screws tho...so dont know...maybe pries it off i guess

Can you pop it out with a pin or something?
    tried small flathead,but it just see saws backwards and forwards...really wierd..

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    My cousin has a small Android tablet (don't remember the name or brand) and he had a similar problem.

I yanked the power button up with a small knife, placed a piece of rubber under and then the power button back in place.
    His tablet has had no problems since then.

If you try this though, be very careful!
    A knife is a dangerous tool and could hurt you or anybody around you at that moment.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    will try that if i can get button out,dont want to break the thing all together tho..cos all their saved games are on there,how would i copy the saved games over? if i can that is, to another android tablet?that would prolly work....

Red face Re: Emerson 543 tablet power button problem...