GPRS not working. Something wrong with the settings =((

zimmi1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I own an android dual sim phone running on Android 4.0.4

My GPRS was working fine but I dont use it alot since I have WiFi. Now after sometime I wish to use GPRS but its not working =((
I have tried to reset the Access Point Settings and ensured that the settings are correct by matching them with a frd's phone. Everything looks fine but the GPRS is not working. What to do?

I have tested it on two different networks to see if the issue is at my network's end but the GPRS didn't work on both.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Here are 3 links which may help you. I Googled "GPRS not working on Android. I hope these help you.

How to Setup GPRS/MMS on Android Phones

5 Troubleshooting Tips For Android ~ PCNEXUS

Phone not connecting to GPRS or Wi-Fi | XOLO

I own an android dual sim phone running on Android 4.0.4

My GPRS was working fine but I dont use it alot since I have WiFi. Now after sometime I wish to use GPRS but its not working =((
I have tried to reset the Access Point Settings and ensured that the settings are correct by matching them with a frd's phone. Everything looks fine but the GPRS is not working. What to do?

I have tested it on two different networks to see if the issue is at my network's end but the GPRS didn't work on both.

zimmi1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks dear. I read all three posts but unfortunately none of them has helped me solve the problem =((

One thing that I'd like to ask is that I was told that in these new smartphones all you need is correct APN, thats it. You don't need to enter the server or proxy or anything else. APN is the only thing that matters. Is this true or do I need to enter the proxy or server address.

zimmi1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Yo I am so happy because I found the solution to this problem. I had installed Battery Doctor and it over-wrote the Android Default Menu. The 'Data' was disabled from Battery Doctor which is why it wasn't working even when I turned it on from the drop down menu. I switched it ON from the Battery Doctor (Battery Saving App good for nothing) and now its working. Thank God =))