Can't download from Nokia music - Asus Fonepad - Jellybean

Bob Dubery

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently acquired an Asus Fonepad.

Here in South Africa I have two options for on-line music purchases and downloads - iTunes and Nokia Music. I use both on my PC, but I'm getting tired of being tied to the PC and of having to move stuff from the PC to the tablet. iTunes obviously isn't going to be an option on an Android tablet, but I hope to use Nokia.

URL.... music.nokia.com/za/en

So on the tablet I have two browsers: Chrome, and what I presume to be the default android browser (which I shall just refer to as "Browser" from here on).

With Chrome I can't even log into music.nokia.com. It fails every time. I can log in using Browser.

So, having logged in I can see my previous purchases and my download history. On my PC I can go into my history and download a previously purchased track by clicking on an icon that has a downwards pointing arrow. When I click on the icon it changes colour and then a download starts - into the browser's download directory.

In Browser on the tablet I see the icon, I can click on it, it changes colour and then.... nothing, as far as I can tell. I get the little circular-ish animation that, I presume, means Browser is doing something. But I don't get a notification of a download in the pull down notification panel, and if I look in memory I can't find any downloaded music files. It seems to not download anything at all.

I have pop-ups allowed. Javascript is enabled.

Anybody else run into this previously and know how to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Bob

Bob Dubery

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Is it something to do with the file type? I'm trying to download. MP3s. When I copy MP3s onto the tablet I get a warning. Does Android not like MP3s? They play OK, but there's that warning.