Kind of a newbie, but maybe not, need a little root help

drumrjoe

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
OK, so big android fan here. Rooted my old droid inc. a lifetime ago..

Just bought a "rooted" samsung gs3 verizon branded phone on ebay.

Got the phone today and activated no problem. the phone boots up with an unlocked padlock icon and the word "custom".

I also installed the "root checker" app from the playstore and it indicates that my device does not have proper root access...

I am looking for a little guidance/advice on what I am missing here... Any help will be greatly appreciated..

fwiw, I also have titanium bu installed along with rom manager.. .was hoping to try out the omega rom....

Thanks in advance..

drumrjoe

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OK, so big android fan here. Rooted my old droid inc. a lifetime ago..

Just bought a "rooted" samsung gs3 verizon branded phone on ebay.

Got the phone today and activated no problem. the phone boots up with an unlocked padlock icon and the word "custom".

I also installed the "root checker" app from the playstore and it indicates that my device does not have proper root access...

I am looking for a little guidance/advice on what I am missing here... Any help will be greatly appreciated..

fwiw, I also have titanium bu installed along with rom manager.. .was hoping to try out the omega rom....

Thanks in advance..

drumrjoe

I would go to Galaxy S3 root .com and follow the root method. That should get you root access. And double check of the Omega ROM is for Verizon. If it's only for the International (as I recall, it is), don't use it.