Hello. I am having a problem with the default reminder in my calendar. when I create a new entry and save it with no reminders, a 10 minute reminder is automatically attached to the event. I have tried several calendars on Google play. business calendar and acalendar for example. this makes me think it's on my phone's default calendar, the one that is being used to sync. I did find settings for default reminders, but I have them all off. I'm not sure what else to do. help please and thank you.
- 08-17-2013, 12:11 PM #2
- 08-17-2013, 12:14 PM #3
Re: Default reminder
Hi guys. Thanks for the responses. I tried your suggestion in an number of variations and sequences to try to get the reminder to stop popping up. I was not successful.
I've tried: (clearing = clearing cache ; AC = android calendar ; BC = Business Calendar)
clearing AC - setting default reminder to none - clearing BC
clearing BC - clearing AC - setting default reminder to none
uninstalling BC - clearing AC - setting default reminder to none - installing BC
uninstalling BC - clearing AC - disabling AC - enabling AC - setting default reminder to none - installing BC
Please note that Business Calendar's default setting is for no reminder. I've also made sure there are no other calendar's installed. The issue is very easy to replicate. I create a test event in BC, wait 20 or 25 seconds (if i go in before that the reminder isn't there yet), and the reminder is there. Always set to 10 minutes. If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears, and again thank you for your other responses and your attempts to help.
- 08-20-2013, 02:47 PM #5
Re: Default reminder
- 08-20-2013, 08:57 PM #7
- By bobetko in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 9Last Post: 09-26-2013, 02:47 PM
- By MrYankeeFan in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2013, 09:12 PM
- By cmc2 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-15-2013, 03:30 PM
- By dustlane in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 08-15-2013, 12:43 AM
- By NavBrat97 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2013, 10:21 PM