- 1 Posts
How can I get data/files from a phone with a screen that's not working
Here's what happened to the screen. I was sitting in a van/car when my phone fell out of my pants and onto the pavement. It was about a 3 feet fall. At first my phone seemed to be ok. There wasn't any scratches or cracks because it landed flat the screen facing up. But maybe about an hour later a small part of the screen was beginning to become dark. This dark area continued to get bigger after a couple of hours and by the end of the day the screen was completely "blacked out".
And silly me was too ocuppied playing with a guitar I had just bought instead of thinking about backing up or copying my important data from my phone, like pictures and notes etc. So later when I plugged my phone into my computer, I found out that I couldn't access the phones files like I would do on Hardisk taken from i.e. a laptop. When I go to Computer on Windows and look for my phone which is appearing as GT-I9100 as a camera and when I click on it says folder is empty. So I realized that I might not be able to get my data from my phone in case I get a new phone from the dealer.
I'm not very familiar with Android devices but I'm wondering if it's because I have a screen lock password that I can't get to the data on my phone?
Is there a way I can get my data?
PS - I'm thinking this is one those classic examples of, "You should have backed up everything on your phone everyday" scenario. Luckly I have most the pictures on my phone transferred to my computer already.
- 08-20-2013, 05:32 PM #2
- 08-20-2013, 05:39 PM #3
- 08-20-2013, 05:49 PM #4
- By cutesymin in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 5Last Post: 09-11-2013, 01:42 AM
- By ApacheOmega in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 08-23-2013, 04:13 AM
- By shouldbmtnbikn in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 6Last Post: 08-21-2013, 05:27 PM
- By Mark Bossanyi in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2013, 07:37 PM
- By Twinz88 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2013, 05:29 PM