S4 creating multiple Copies of same photo on its own

mja64

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
First noticed a problem when I got a warning message that I was running out of storage space on the phones memory. When I checked I found literally thousands of copies of the same photo in the S4\Phone\DCIM\Camera folder. I delete them all but the phone continues to make a copy approximately one every minute which I have to constantly delete to free up storage. ANy ideas why or what is making the copies?
Galaxy S4 4.2.2 kernel 3.4.0-10811224 basband Ver I9505xxubmga

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try getting your phone in Airplane Mode and see if the issue is still present. If it stops and, even more, if it resumes once you put your phone back into 'Normal' Mode, then the culprit is most likely a Cloud backup service going haywire and creating copy upon copy of your pictures.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know why but lately Google+ has been the culprit behind many weird behaviors... A few months ago my data went through the roof after a Google+ update, and I don't even use Google+ that much!! Then it decided to turn AutoBackup on all by itself (thankfully it did so only while in WiFi). And then it was, for some reason, constantly reading my SD card, thus draining the battery FAST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa