any way to view pdf's

lthomas926

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem viewing certain files from a website on my captivate when I select the option from the drop down it wants to save the file with the extension .do which is a valid extension but when I do the same thing on my desktop computer it opens that file in the pdf viewer built into the browser. So the problem is on the phone im not able to view these files which I need to I have even tried saving the file as .pdf but will not open.

Here is the site if you want to take a look and try it on your phone and your computer replicate the issue.

http://www.poolnetstatistics.com/TAP/displayStandings.do?methodID=selectStandings

How can I get this to work ??

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried checking the link, but it redirects to some admin message about the help desk...

.do is a java servlet, so apparently Android has a problem with them? Anyone have any advice on this?

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Second time around took me to a different page, lol.

Alright... I think what's happening is that Webkit/Android can't handle in-browser rendering of pdf's via the servlet's instructions... to test I'd have to find another page like that and test. But I'm pretty sure that's what's happening. And, because it IS a servlet that calls the PDF (likely running code against a sql db to generate the report) you can't just save as...

Hmmm. I'm not sure of a way around it, honestly, if I'm right about what's happening.

lthomas926

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you know of anyway I can get it to work? Another app or a converter. I came from iPhone and it did it great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non