GPS not locking on

1skydive

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Was having some problems with charging my HTC Incredible 2 and found a couple of how-to's to replace the USB charging port. Ordered the part and performed the replacement. Works like a dream. However, my GPS now no longer seems to work. I don't believe I damaged anything, I was extremely careful. So I am trying to track down where the GPS stuff is in the phone to see if there is something I may have inadvertently damaged or disconnected.

I did download a couple of apps that said they help troubleshoot but they just said I wasn't able to locate satellites. Weren't really all that helpful. I haven't been able to find much on the forum yet either related to this.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Rob

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are a number of tear down how-to's online for this device. However, the few I have seen don't identify the GPS hardware and I'm not sure how to identify this even if I saw it.

Have you tried updating the device and/or a factory reset? It's reaching quite far. However, would be the easier solution than tearing the phone apart again to replace this feature.

1skydive

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Actually, at first I considered resetting to factory but I have cyanogenmod and have had the phone for almost 2 years, so I really wanted to avoid that if possible. However, I found the issue. When you open the case, on the left hand side there are two pins which make a contact with the gold colored contacts on the inside of the case. I am guessing the metal inside the case is the antenna. Anyway, one of the pins was slightly bent out of alignment and wasn't making contact with the case. Once I fixed that, the GPS was able to see satellites again and I am back in business.

Thanks again,
Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton