[SOLVED] My friend is a retard!!!

Tankdude

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
The title says it all.

My so called "friend" has conveniently messed up my SGS3 GTi9300.

Long of the short, he said that he was able to root my phone so that I could get rid of all the bloatware that I have never used. As he claimed that he had done it to other phones. Like an ***** I agreed, the word hindsight springs to mind.

What has happened is that he's used, initially, CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300 with Odin and now when the phone starts there is a tiny red exclamation mark in the upper left hand corner of the screen then the screen goes blank, but you can hear the Samsung jingle but no Samsung logo. The screen then remains black but the LED light pulsates from blue to turquoise. The settings and back keys are illuminated and I am unable to switch it off unless I remove the battery.

He then used, CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4, and tried the whole process again. It initially looked promising but whilst CWM went through it's process I noticed the text " SD marker not found", and the end results are exactly the same as previously mentioned.

I was running the latest Jelly Bean update and now I'm starting to freak out that my phone could be totally messed up!

Help please!!!:(

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: My friend is a retard!!!

Don't really know much about rooting at this point since I've refrained from doing it because of the warranty stuff, BUT, if you do manage to revive your phone (I truly hope you do), you DON'T need to root to get rid of the bloatware. OK, strictly speaking, yes, you can't uninstall it, but you can freeze it, as in not letting it run at all (just remember that some of that bloatware is actually used by the carrier and it might impair your service if disabled). In the Program Manager settings, just find the app you want to freeze and hit the 'disable' button in the settings. Easy as pie.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

The title says it all.

My so called "friend" has conveniently messed up my SGS3 GTi9300.

Long of the short, he said that he was able to root my phone so that I could get rid of all the bloatware that I have never used. As he claimed that he had done it to other phones. Like an ***** I agreed, the word hindsight springs to mind.

What has happened is that he's used, initially, CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300 with Odin and now when the phone starts there is a tiny red exclamation mark in the upper left hand corner of the screen then the screen goes blank, but you can hear the Samsung jingle but no Samsung logo. The screen then remains black but the LED light pulsates from blue to turquoise. The settings and back keys are illuminated and I am unable to switch it off unless I remove the battery.

He then used, CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4, and tried the whole process again. It initially looked promising but whilst CWM went through it's process I noticed the text " SD marker not found", and the end results are exactly the same as previously mentioned.

I was running the latest Jelly Bean update and now I'm starting to freak out that my phone could be totally messed up!

Help please!!!:(

You can go to Samsung updates .com and look for your proper stick ROM, and use Odin to flash that. That will at least get you running again.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Tankdude

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

You can go to Samsung updates .com and look for your proper stick ROM, and use Odin to flash that. That will at least get you running again.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Yeah roger that but I would need to know the baseband version to download the correct one wouldn't I? As I can't get into my phone is there a way around this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Yeah roger that but I would need to know the baseband version to download the correct one wouldn't I? As I can't get into my phone is there a way around this?

True. You would, and I don't know how to bypass that.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Tankdude

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

Golfdriver97,

Got I9300XXEMB5 version from Samsung Updates .com and I'm back up and running.

Cheers :)