Best Android book for noobs
A friend of mine just picked up a Galaxy Nexus from Verizon. I've helped her as much as I can, but she's leaving on a two week trip and asked me if there's a book she can buy to take with her. I've pointed her to the Help and How To articles here, but she wants it in book form. It looks like "Android for Dummies" is nearly a year old and the new version won't be in print until September. Is there another book that's up to date enough that anyone can recommend?
- 08-22-2013, 11:28 PM #2
- 2,197 Posts
Re: Best Android book for noobs
Boy, I really don't have any suggestions. So much stuff is on the internet now (and technology moves so fast) that I find books kindof useless and instantly outdated for stuff like that. And most books out are about development, not about how to actually use the phone.
Does she have the user guide that came with the phone? That would be a good place to start.
- 08-22-2013, 11:49 PM #3
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- By amirlaine in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 22Last Post: 10-17-2013, 11:11 PM
- By GKDAIR in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-07-2013, 11:37 PM
- By rexbaumgartner in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 13Last Post: 08-26-2013, 07:51 AM
- By physioprof in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 08-22-2013, 10:56 PM
- By RicM211 in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2013, 03:54 PM