Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Google speech to text not working correctly

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy50 View Post
    I am no expert on these issues but I had auto updates activated on Google Play and can only assume that the problem - we are all experiencing - occurred after an update (couldn't say what was the offending app) Everything working as it should now that I have installed Android version 4.1.2
    Like I said before not ideal and although JB isn't the worse thing in the world I have decided to source another Galaxy S2 running ICS and DISABLE all updates. My daughter can have my current phone!
    Wish I could do the same! I am temporarily using SWPE which works ok but I still prefer the old keyboard and voice to text. At this point, I doubt it will be fixed. It is going on three weeks and nothing from Google as of yet.

Paul

Aug 29

Thanks for letting us know everyone, we'll look into it!

Saw this in another thread and thought it needed to be shared to be able to get to the right people to help fix this problem. I am having the same problem-HTC One.

As a reminder, we always appreciate it if you would scroll to the bottom of Google Now and open up the menu (three vertical dots) and select Send feedback. whenever you encounter an issue like this (or you'd just like to share something about Google Now). When you send feedback through that method it helps us gather all these sorts of reports in one place, as well as some data useful for us to diagnose issues such as this.

Am I correct in assuming the message larryhut posted is from the people at Google?

That would be great news, if it was.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

Larry copy and pasted a post from August 29 regarding another issue. He's telling everyone how to report issues.

Google Groups

I just received a Google+ update. But nothing has fixed our speaking to text problem. Thus, moments ago I submitted the following on the HTC/Google site:

I own an HTC Raider 4G. My service provider here in Canada is Bell Mobility. There is a continuing problem with the functionality of Google speech to text and I am finding it is making me crazy. Basically, one dictated sentence or phrase overwrites the previously dictated materials. I have spoken with Bell Mobility, they acknowledge the problem; likewise, so do HTC's CSRs, when I phoned or wrote.

But it is now going on three weeks without a fix. And no communication from HTC/Google about the problem.

In fact, we have set up an entire support group forum for all of us encountering this problem. You can find the group here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ml#post3040140

Please respond to the forum and let us know when we can expect a resolution to the problem described there. I would like to continue to be a supporter of Google and HTC.

RL

Angry Re: Google speech to text not working correctly

Mine is doing the exact same thing. It is SO frustrating. Stupid thing is that when I get mad and scream "GRRR WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS" it gets that phrase perfectly! lol (I gotta laugh before I cry).
    Until just about 7-10 days ago it worked wonderfully. It was my practice to 'talk' a whole email to my mum, save it as a draft, then edit it for grammar, etc. later on the PC.
    Now it is totally unusable.

I haven't seen any updates happen, nor have I downloaded anything new that might have upset it.

I hope they fix it soon, it is making me want to move to apple . . . . .

Thanks Hi5 - except that I can't think that quick! I use it for dictating emails to my mum so I don't always know what I will say next!
    Seriously though, thanks for the tip about stopping and starting, frustrating though it will be, it may still be quicker than fighting with auto correct.

Good suggestions. I've learned to talk fast and send multiple text messages!

cute baby!

In order to help bring attention to the issue, Someone really ought to create a video demonstrating the problem and post it on YouTube!.

Excellent idea, bigmcshawn.

Okay, has anyone received an update for this speech to text bug yet??????????????????? I have heard nothing from HTC.

I've had the same problem. Can someone clarify if there's a way to post a complaint about this to google . . . and/or let us know if there's any resolution in sight? I really miss this functionality. It's enough to make me switch to an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by dazaria View Post
    I've had the same problem. Can someone clarify if there's a way to post a complaint about this to google . . . and/or let us know if there's any resolution in sight? I really miss this functionality. It's enough to make me switch to an iPhone.
    I agree. The lack of anything from Google makes me think that this will be my last android phone. How could Google screw this up. This problem can't be limited to just the people on this forum! There is no way I know of to get in touch with Google. Hopefully someone here will have an idea.

The problem seems to have been corrected at least for me, I don't know if google push out a update to fix the problem. If they did not the only thing I think could've made a difference is that I used the new updated google map to navigate somewhere yesterday for the first time since the map update!. have been testing it every day and today I noticed that it no longer deleted my prior sentences anymore.

You are correct bigmcshawn. I just checked...and FINALLY I can use speech to text again without it overwriting previous sentences. They must have made a correction sometime in the past few hours as I tested it 10 hours ago (at about 3 pm EST) and was still encountering problems.

This is good news.

R
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #92  

It's still acting buggy. It's dropping the last word, not allowing curse words, and a "DELETE" box keeps appearing. Hopefully since the issue seems to be getting attention, all these bugs will be fixed shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Landau View Post
    You are correct bigmcshawn. I just checked...and FINALLY I can use speech to text again without it overwriting previous sentences. They must have made a correction sometime in the past few hours as I tested it 10 hours ago (at about 3 pm EST) and was still encountering problems.

This is good news.

What version of android are you using??? I have ICS and it still doesn't work correctly even after trying the map app for the 1st time.

R
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #94  

I'm using ICS 4.0.4. For those that were having the problems of us in this thread, it didn't start working correctly again for any of us. It's just no longer deleting prior sentences.

I am also using ICS 4.0.4 All though it is no longer deleting prior sentences, It still very flaky often leaving the last word off. Hopefully since they are obviously aware of the problem now they will work the rest of the bugs out.

yep mine is fixed now to, it still hangs on last word but as I keep talking it dosent overwrite it now.... wonder what they did?

I eliminated (I think) the problem by downloading the latest AT&T software update 1.17.502.9.71ORD

Angry Re: Google speech to text not working correctly

All,

I have a Galaxy S3 on Verizon and have this same problem with a slight twist. My voice commands do not work with texting, email, google now, etc.. As mentioned by several people, everything worked fine until a few weeks ago. I have tried various configurations of keyboard and text to speech settings but to no resolution. I certainly hope this gets fixed soon. Text to speech for me is humongous time saver! Obviously if someone finds a fix before Google does, please let us know!

I'm still having this issue.... It's no longer deleting the previous sentence, but it pauses before the last word and then when you hit done it will sometimes give you the last word, sometimes not. It also randomly types what you've said twice. And, I can no longer use my punctuation - it just flat out ignores me. I've tried stopping the voice service and reinstalling. It just tells me it's already installed. I'm unable to uninstall it. Help!!! How do we fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Clark1 View Post
    I'm still having this issue.... It's no longer deleting the previous sentence, but it pauses before the last word and then when you hit done it will sometimes give you the last word, sometimes not. It also randomly types what you've said twice. And, I can no longer use my punctuation - it just flat out ignores me. I've tried stopping the voice service and reinstalling. It just tells me it's already installed. I'm unable to uninstall it. Help!!! How do we fix this?
    I have the same issues as you for the past two months. Google has not been responsive to this issue. I am using SWPE/Dragon speak for now but as soon as my contract is up, I am going to go the Iphone 5s.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast