Why isn't my Google speech to text not working correctly?

bigmcshawn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google speech to text not working correctly

In order to help bring attention to the issue, Someone really ought to create a video demonstrating the problem and post it on YouTube!.

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Okay, has anyone received an update for this speech to text bug yet??????????????????? I have heard nothing from HTC.

dazaria

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I've had the same problem. Can someone clarify if there's a way to post a complaint about this to google . . . and/or let us know if there's any resolution in sight? I really miss this functionality. It's enough to make me switch to an iPhone.

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I've had the same problem. Can someone clarify if there's a way to post a complaint about this to google . . . and/or let us know if there's any resolution in sight? I really miss this functionality. It's enough to make me switch to an iPhone.

I agree. The lack of anything from Google makes me think that this will be my last android phone. How could Google screw this up. This problem can't be limited to just the people on this forum! There is no way I know of to get in touch with Google. Hopefully someone here will have an idea.

bigmcshawn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

The problem seems to have been corrected at least for me, I don't know if google push out a update to fix the problem. If they did not the only thing I think could've made a difference is that I used the new updated google map to navigate somewhere yesterday for the first time since the map update!. have been testing it every day and today I noticed that it no longer deleted my prior sentences anymore.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

You are correct bigmcshawn. I just checked...and FINALLY I can use speech to text again without it overwriting previous sentences. They must have made a correction sometime in the past few hours as I tested it 10 hours ago (at about 3 pm EST) and was still encountering problems.

This is good news.

R

Martini01

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

It's still acting buggy. It's dropping the last word, not allowing curse words, and a "DELETE" box keeps appearing. Hopefully since the issue seems to be getting attention, all these bugs will be fixed shortly.

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

You are correct bigmcshawn. I just checked...and FINALLY I can use speech to text again without it overwriting previous sentences. They must have made a correction sometime in the past few hours as I tested it 10 hours ago (at about 3 pm EST) and was still encountering problems.

This is good news.

R

[FONT=&quot]What version of android are you using??? I have ICS and it still doesn't work correctly even after trying the map app for the 1st time.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Martini01

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

I'm using ICS 4.0.4. For those that were having the problems of us in this thread, it didn't start working correctly again for any of us. It's just no longer deleting prior sentences.

bigmcshawn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

I am also using ICS 4.0.4 All though it is no longer deleting prior sentences, It still very flaky often leaving the last word off. Hopefully since they are obviously aware of the problem now they will work the rest of the bugs out.

Happytrueevil

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

yep mine is fixed now to, it still hangs on last word but as I keep talking it dosent overwrite it now.... wonder what they did?

larryhut

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I eliminated (I think) the problem by downloading the latest AT&T software update 1.17.502.9.71ORD

BillJohnson34

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

All,

I have a Galaxy S3 on Verizon and have this same problem with a slight twist. My voice commands do not work with texting, email, google now, etc.. As mentioned by several people, everything worked fine until a few weeks ago. I have tried various configurations of keyboard and text to speech settings but to no resolution. I certainly hope this gets fixed soon. Text to speech for me is humongous time saver! Obviously if someone finds a fix before Google does, please let us know!

Julie Clark1

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm still having this issue.... It's no longer deleting the previous sentence, but it pauses before the last word and then when you hit done it will sometimes give you the last word, sometimes not. It also randomly types what you've said twice. And, I can no longer use my punctuation - it just flat out ignores me. I've tried stopping the voice service and reinstalling. It just tells me it's already installed. I'm unable to uninstall it. Help!!! How do we fix this?:'(

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm still having this issue.... It's no longer deleting the previous sentence, but it pauses before the last word and then when you hit done it will sometimes give you the last word, sometimes not. It also randomly types what you've said twice. And, I can no longer use my punctuation - it just flat out ignores me. I've tried stopping the voice service and reinstalling. It just tells me it's already installed. I'm unable to uninstall it. Help!!! How do we fix this?:'(

I have the same issues as you for the past two months. Google has not been responsive to this issue. I am using SWPE/Dragon speak for now but as soon as my contract is up, I am going to go the Iphone 5s.

architv

May 15, 2014
Visit site

my speach is not working in android mobile please help
[number redacted by Mod]

:(

feeling sad............!
:-[

Last edited by a moderator:

dwalto92

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I figured out the problem! Do not tap the red microphone button until all of the texts that you are trying to say appear. This will prevent it from missing the last word and also will prevent it from typing over previous stuff you said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC