Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird problem with Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Hey there, I am totally new to this forum, so bear with me please. I have a weird problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100), I have searched high and low and couldn't find a solution. By the way I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong thread.
    So on to the problem, I have had my phone for about 5 or 6 months now, and it works great, and still does, but there is just this minor thing that suddenly started to happen like 3 days ago. Most of the time when I press the home screen button or the side button (not sure what its called, on/off button? lol) it would take a long while for the screen to come alive, I have to press a few times for it to open for me to get to the lock screen, sometimes it doesn't at all and I have to pull battery. It's like it lags or something. The phone still works great and everything, but its only this weird problem, I have really no idea what's going on. I have not installed anything new recently, and the phone is up to date and all is good. I hope I have explained my problem and it makes sense and I hope someone will be able to help me out with it.

Forgot to mention that sometimes, quite rarely, the screen would just flicker to life and then close again all by itself. This as well happened at the same time with the other problem, I am guessing they are related or are the same.
    Last edited by Ahmed Hesham; 08-24-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Default Re: Weird problem with Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Same here. Exactly as you describe. Strange.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Anyone out there who may be able to help?

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

It sounds like the device is either in deep sleep or having wake lock problems.

Also, there could be something installed on the device causing this issue. If others are having the same issue then you'll have a good chance of addressing the problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Not really sure what deep sleep or wake lock is lol but I made sure I havent installed anything new on my phone lately, and they are the same apps I had for a while now... I even started uninstalling some that I am not in need of. It really is weird cause its increasing now, and I noticed sometimes its usually when I get a message from someone or something that it does that. Sometimes even the music would be playing and I just cant get the screen to come to life. I thought of like restoring device to factory settings and what not, but that would be a pain to download all them apps again lol is there a way to backup everything on the phone, including apps?