Connecting to The Internet :::

Morgan7600

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, I'm looking to go full time RVing next year and getting my Internet stuff set up. I will be looking for advice and guidance on how to use Wi Fi etc. Right now I live on top of a hill and have great reception on my 3G iPhone. I want to dump my land line and DSL box and use an iPad or notebook since I have such great signal. Do I just use my ATT cell service and tether or ??? Any help appreciated. Oh, also looking at the Google Android 9 or 10" iPads. Very inexpensive on eBay but don't know the down side if there is one. Will get a high end notebook later but just need to make the jump away from DSL to get started.. thnx, M

PS...
Also, found this iPad no eBay, any good?
Search for:
10.1" Google Android 4.03 Tablet PC 8GB 1GB DDR3 HDMI Bundle 10" Keyboard

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Tethering to your cell phone is always an option, but the disadvantages include (a) increased data usage, which will cost you money if you're not on an unlimited plan, and (b) slow connection speeds on 3G. If you have unlimited data, you might consider getting a personal wi-fi hotspot from AT&T that can give you a 4G connection, which is significantly faster.

As a general rule, stay away from any Android tablets that aren't from well-known manufacturers. Stick with tablets from companies like Samsung, Asus, Acer, Toshiba, and Lenovo (and maybe Hisense nowadays). "No-name" tablets may be cheaper, but their downsides include (a) cheap/flimsy build quality, (b) poor screens, (c) often heavier, (d) poor battery life, (e) they don't always have access to the Google Play Store, Google' main app store, (f) poor tech support and minimal if any operating system updates.