- 51 Posts
Google Now Weather
When I click on Google Now and say what is the weather it would tell me the temperature at my location. I dont have any GPS location on but it would tell me the exact location. This past weekend, when i say weather, it gives me the temp in west orange NJ. I am now where near that location. Is there a setting I need to change/tweak?
- 08-26-2013, 03:48 PM #2
- 08-27-2013, 01:30 AM #3
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- 08-27-2013, 09:26 AM #5
- 906 Posts
Re: Google Now Weather
Do you have WiFi on? With WiFi and GPS off Google doesn't do a good job of finding your location.
It sounds like it's getting some bogus location information from whatever method it's using to get your location. Under Settings>More>Location services there are check boxes for what services apps are allowed to use to get your location. If there are any there that are unchecked that you don't mind your phone using then check them.
Personally I just leave GPS on all the time. Unless I'm actively using it for navigation I've never seen it use anything more than a negligible amount of battery for the day. It mostly uses network based location services to determine where you are with it only checking GPS a few times a day. The newest version of Google Play Services seems to do a much better job of not hogging battery, too.
- By jeffreii in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 11-10-2013, 12:07 AM
- By gdubs2013 in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 12Last Post: 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM
- By paisley99 in forum T-MobileReplies: 9Last Post: 09-06-2013, 09:07 AM
- By borqs in forum Android App InventorReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2013, 03:47 AM
- By PeteS457 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 8Last Post: 08-26-2013, 01:12 PM