galaxy s4 not recognized through usb (mac)
i was hoping someone has found a solution to this issue. when i plug my phone into my mac at work, the computer doesn't recognize the phone and the phone doesn't recognize that it's been plugged into a computer. it starts charging but no alert about being plugged in by usb, and i can't gain access to options like choosing ptp or mtp. on the mac, android file transfer just says "no device found" as if nothing were plugged in. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- 08-26-2013, 03:05 PM #2
Re: galaxy s4 not recognized through usb (mac)
thanks, but maybe you didn't see in my block of text that i am using android file transfer. when i plug my phone in, it acts as if there's nothing plugged in, as the message "no device found" is shown whether or not my phone is connected. any more advice considering that i am using the software? it worked fine before with my old galaxy nexus.
- 09-27-2013, 02:07 PM #5
- 09-27-2013, 07:52 PM #6
- 09-27-2013, 08:07 PM #7
- 09-27-2013, 09:24 PM #8
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- By galpdawg in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 19Last Post: 09-16-2013, 07:08 PM
- By Jakkov in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 09-03-2013, 04:08 PM
- By Turritopsis in forum HTC OneReplies: 9Last Post: 08-27-2013, 02:17 PM
- By chirag05 in forum Samsung Galaxy GrandReplies: 4Last Post: 08-27-2013, 12:37 PM
- By Sven Johannsen in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2013, 01:02 PM