Why is my Samsung Galaxy Fame GT-S6810L running slow?

Cali Pellegrini

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi there!

I've just bought a brand-new Galaxy Fame GT-S6810L and I've been trying to optimize its RAM usage. I know it's naturally low, since it's only 512, but I've been uninstalling unnecessary apps using Titanium Backup (I'm rooted) and the phone still doesn't work very smoothly. It sometimes freezes for a while and then restarts on its own.

Any tricks?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Fame GT-S6810L running slow

I think it may just be a limitation of having 512 MB of RAM. Uninstalling unnecessary apps probably won't help much, because the OS will try to figure out the next best app to open and keep in RAM. For what it's worth, 1 GB of RAM is now considered almost not enough to make things run smoothly--the standard for high end phones is now 2 GB.

Camilo A Rodriguez

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi!

How did you rooted it? I've been unsuccessfully trying to root the damn thing, nothing works...

I'd appreciate your help

Rafsan Ahmed

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

My samsung is really slow it crashes, freezes, slows down, goes off without even offing it and I tried to use app killer but it doesn't work also when I play it covered half the screen on Grand Battle game and I can't move my men to the position i want them to be in and what happens lastly is that it freezes then goes to a random page I'm fedup with this phone. :':)-[:-:)O:-Cx-:)-O:p:O

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

My samsung is really slow it crashes, freezes, slows down, goes off without even offing it and I tried to use app killer but it doesn't work also when I play it covered half the screen on Grand Battle game and I can't move my men to the position i want them to be in and what happens lastly is that it freezes then goes to a random page I'm fedup with this phone. :':)-[:-:)O:-Cx-:)-O:p:O

Welcome to Android Central! Which Samsung phone do you have, and how old is it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Was that an erroneous post?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000