Way to quickly mute Ringtone without using Vibrate or Mute mode?

ummdav1d

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
So, I have my app notifications set on vibrate except the one that I want sound for at night. I can't put the phone on vibrate or mute at night because then the push notification for the app will be muted also, so I want to leave the phone on "Sound" but somehow be able to quickly make the ringtone silent for when I go to bed and then in the morning put it back to what it was without going through settings each time and digging through my list of sound files. Thanks

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Tasker can do this. Llama might be able to as well and it's free and more battery friendly, but less powerful if you plan on tinkering more.

ummdav1d

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very very much! I had fiddled with Llama, but I couldn't get it to do it! Just downloaded Tasker and it seems like a very robust app. I just made a button widget for each setting for now and it does exactly what I need... but I may try to improve on that and delve into the app a little more. Seems great. Thanks again!! Very much appreciated!

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very very much! I had fiddled with Llama, but I couldn't get it to do it! Just downloaded Tasker and it seems like a very robust app. I just made a button widget for each setting for now and it does exactly what I need... but I may try to improve on that and delve into the app a little more. Seems great. Thanks again!! Very much appreciated!
You can have it do it automatically if you want, too. I have my phone get quiet if it's between 9pm and 6am and if my phone is plugged in. When I unplug it it,or it gets past 6am, it waits 10 minutes (in case my wife is still sleeping) and then sets the volume back to normal. You can mitigate any battery hits you take by having it on by using Synker (which can be controlled through Tasker) to auto sync a lot less.

If you haven't already, check out these articles:

Overview of Pocketables Tasker articles

The power this app has, especially if you include plug-ins, is incredible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance