- 5 Posts
useless embedded apps
I have used the android smartphone for one year already and I find that a lot of the embedded apps are seldom used.
I tried to unload those apps, but since they are embedded with the phone i have no access to unload them.
sooo......can this problem be solved in some ways? need help.. Thanks !
- 08-29-2013, 05:30 AM #2
Re: useless embedded apps
If you have Android 4.0 or higher, you can disable most of those apps by going to Settings/Apps/All, selecting the app, and tapping "Disable." Not all apps can be disabled, though. Disabling an app means you prevent it from opening, and therefore prevent it from using any system RAM. It does not, however, remove the app from your phone. In order to do that, you have to root the phone, which means gaining total control of the system--this typically voids the warranty, and if you don't know what you're doing, can lead to serious and irreversible problems with the phone (like if you accidentally delete a crucial system app and didn't back anything up). But if you learn how to do it, it can be very powerful. Lots of people on this forum can tell you more.
- By Finderw in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 7Last Post: 09-09-2013, 04:41 PM
- By Nec3f in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 5Last Post: 08-29-2013, 08:57 AM
- By AndroidGod in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2013, 07:49 PM
- By Jron954 in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2013, 04:25 PM
- By CoreAks in forum Android App InventorReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2013, 04:18 PM