Help with the forums and Tapatalk

Maria Esponoza

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
OK, heres an odd on for me. Sorry if this has been asked before. I promise Ill start giving back, rather than always asking questions! :)

Anyhow, I registered for the forums via the "Login with Google" button. So, having done that I have two questions:

1. How do I sign into Tapatalk for this forum? Like, what username would I use?
  2. I noticed that Google populated the registration with my full name, which is both funny and.. not so desirable. lol So, anyone have any idea how I can fix that?

Thx
Maria

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, heres an odd on for me. Sorry if this has been asked before. I promise Ill start giving back, rather than always asking questions! :)

Anyhow, I registered for the forums via the "Login with Google" button. So, having done that I have two questions:

2. I noticed that Google populated the registration with my full name, which is both funny and.. not so desirable. lol So, anyone have any idea how I can fix that?

Thx
Maria

Do you have an AC account with a screen name?

I've never signed into AC with G+ or any other social network sign in. But I think if you've signed in with G+ then you probably have to sign in using your real name, as for password, I guess your G+ password might work, but I'm not sure. The other option is to set up an account on AC with a screen name of your choice, then when you open Tapatalk you would sign in with your new screen name and password.

Maybe someone else has another answer but that's what I would do. :)

Sent via Note II

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

Thx
Maria

If you are going to use your Google account to sign into forums.
You should always have a 2nd Google account for that purpose.

Create a new Google account with a name your comfortable with, and always use that.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Maria Esponoza

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The biggest reason I haven't re-registered is because then all of my post history, etc., will be gone. Can an admin merge my accounts, if I make another one?

Anthony Benel

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If you sign up with any forum using the google credentials, make sure you have two-factor authentication with your google account. You could use a second google account and not worry about two-factor authentication.

With Android Central, it appears apps like Tapatalk DO work with your googleID.

Create a MobileNations login. Use your desktop browser. Under manage your account, scroll down to your social connections. Here you can link google, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft..

On tapatalk, login with your mobile nations account.

Thx
Maria

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac