LG MS770 Android SWYPE keyboard issues keying in fields

skiogawa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
i have recently encountered some issues keying in data in fields online, when using SWYPE keyboard mode. For example, in the first field, may be asking for first name, so i will key in my name, for example Anndroid. then, as i am moving onto the next field of entry, in the first field, all of a sudden, it will PASTE the last few letters keyed in, after what i just keyed in, so the name will appear like: Anndroidroid. or if Im entering in my email address, it will suddenly paste ".com" again, after the complete email, so it will end up looking like: "android@mail.com.comcomcom.

if i try to correct it, buy backspacing or clearing that extra pasted-on part, as soon as i clear it out, it will re-paste it back on again. and again.

It does NOT do this under the LG keyboard mode.

Has anyone else encountered this and how is this to be corrected, so I can use the Swype keyboard mode again....

PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE...

Thank you

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a Droid Bionic with similar issues in the stock browser since getting Jellybean. Auto space doesn't work at all, it sometimes auto capitalizes every word, selecting an alternate word after a Swype places the intended word at the beginning of the entry box while leaving the original word where it was, and other issues. Yet it is fine on Chrome, other apps, and my fianc?'s S3 stock browser.

Wish I could help, but at least you aren't alone. The Swift Key keyboard has a Swype like function that did work well for me, but that function is only free for 30 days, then you have to pay to keep it. Plus it has some other trade offs with the Swype keyboard that I didn't care for but had other options I liked. The swipe trace on it did look pretty cool though.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just an update in case this helps you. Are you on the stock Swype that was pre-installed on your phone? I was, but then I found out they have a stand alone version in the Play store. I downloaded the trial to see if it worked and all of my problems are gone. Plus it has more features than my stock version. Just so you don't get confused, the version numbers between the two don't coincide. My stock version is listed as 3.xxx, but the stand alone is version 1.xxx. I just got the trial for now, but the full version is only US$1.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar