"AUTHENTICATION ERROR" when connecting to XFinity Modem-Samsung Note 10.1

94GTLaserRC

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey all.
I have a Samsung Note 10.1. I have a new XFinity modem that I have connected all my house phones and laptops to. On my note, when I leave the house and come back, my WiFi screen shows "Authentication Error" when I try to reconnect to the WiFi. Nothing I do-- restart Note, re-enter modem password, etc, will work to get it reconnected EXCEPT resetting the XFinity modem again...then in connects again...UNTIL I leave and come back again. Just got off the phone with Comcast/XFinity and they say everything is ok with my system. ANyone know what this could possibly be here? Also note that my daughter's I Pad does the same thing...Seems to happen with the tabs, but not the phones and Laptops.
Thanks
RC

joem5636

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The problem for me was that somehow parental controls got turned on for my device in the router. Even though the page said controls were disabled, some seemed to still be in-effect. I went through all devices turning off everything individually and then everything worked!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Another problem sometimes is using AES encryption instead of TKIP encryption. Some Android devices can't authenticate with AES. Most wifi devices can, so if everything but one phone or one tab can't, check the router's encryption method.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995