Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: HOW to transfer content from OLD phone (screen BLACK/phone works) to NEW phone

Launch a command line at the platform-tools folder of the SDK. When you have that up, type:
    adb devices

Tell me if your phone is recognized.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: HOW to transfer content from OLD phone (screen BLACK/phone works) to NEW phone

C:\adt>adb devices
    adb server is out of date. killing...
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached
    SH18EV603248 device

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

We're in business. Execute the following from the command line:
    adb pull /sdcard/

This should pull your entire external SD card partition to your computer. Execute this and let me know how it works after examining. Also, after that, tell me what you're making that you want. I may have to do some research based on your device.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

done.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Comb through the folders pulled and tell me what else you need.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

I'm not sure where they went to.. It didn't transfer too many files to the computer I don't think.. least NOTHING compared to what a DISK DRIVE would..
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

I'm kind of confused..
    Did this just export the same files as what DISK DRIVE does? I was able to export connect the USB cable to copy the DISK DRIVE full folder to my computer.. But I was told that won't export Contacts, Voice recordings, Txt messages...

Since I was able to toggle USB Debugging ON, does that mean I can take my cell phone in and they could use their machine to transfer the

- Contact list
    - Txt messages
    - Photo's
    - Albums
    - Video's
    - Apps (I lost all my paid apps :-( )
    - Voice recordings

to my new HTC ONE?

They wrote down on a piece of paper that I needed to toggle:

"USB Debugging" = ON
    "Developer Option = ON

While I set "USB Debugging" to ON
    I CANNOT FIND any option called "Developer Option"...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

According to this
    There is no "Developer Options" on the HTC Sensation 4G.. So in this case, would this mean that I could take it to them and they could use their machine to transfer my old stuff and settings to my new phone? THey never mentioned anything about needing to be "rooted".. Thanks

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

From pulling your SD card, you should have your pics and vids. Contacts should be synced via Google account. The only thing you're going to be missing is sms, which are texts.
    Do you have any vital texts you cannot live without?

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

They told me my contacts were automatically saved to google so I just load google accounts and it would transfer to my new phone but they couldn't get it to do anthing.

The SMC are EXTREMELY important both messages SENT and RECEIVED.

My HTC ONE has a tips/help section that says if I install "HTC Transfer Tool" on the old phone that I could transfer everything including TXT to the new phone..

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lodge View Post
    They told me my contacts were automatically saved to google so I just load google accounts and it would transfer to my new phone but they couldn't get it to do anthing.

The SMC are EXTREMELY important both messages SENT and RECEIVED.

My HTC ONE has a tips/help section that says if I install "HTC Transfer Tool" on the old phone that I could transfer everything including TXT to the new phone..
    Do you think you can manage to install and use it?

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Can I use it if my old phone doesn't have a sim card anymore? They took the card away from me. Well they left the larger card the first time, but when I returned they used a punch to PUNCH it out to the TINY chip to try and see if it works my putting the sim card into the HTC ONE (which is TINY) but that didn't work. Now the tiny card can't be read by the Sensation 4G which needs the larger sim. (Almost the size of a SD card)

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

You can use wifi.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

I have 4 options at this point:

1. TRY and install the HTC TRANSFER TOOL (Will be VERY DIFFICULT as the screen is just nearly impossible to see) (I can only see around 1/8th of an inch (even less at times) as a time which even then is SOOO hard to make out). But that will be a waste of time if it needs a sim card

2. Take it to wirelesswave who said they have a machine (but not if they need it ROOTED which they never mentioned to me)

3. Buy a REPLACEMENT screen and replace it myself. But no guarantee that will work, and if it DOES work then I could see screen to install the HTC TRANSFER TOOL (but then again if it requires a sim, then that is useless).

4. Buy that Cable to plug to the tv to view the screen blindly on the cell and see on tv?? (WHERE would I find this cable? Radio shack? (The Source)? Wirelesswave?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

oh please explain! :-)

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

I have 4 options at this point:

1. TRY and install the HTC TRANSFER TOOL (Will be VERY DIFFICULT as the screen is just nearly impossible to see) (I can only see around 1/8th of an inch (even less at times) as a time which even then is SOOO hard to make out). But that will be a waste of time if it needs a sim card

2. Take it to wirelesswave who said they have a machine (but not if they need it ROOTED which they never mentioned to me)

3. Buy a REPLACEMENT screen and replace it myself. But no guarantee that will work, and if it DOES work then I could see screen to install the HTC TRANSFER TOOL (but then again if it requires a sim, then that is useless).

4. Buy that Cable to plug to the tv to view the screen blindly on the cell and see on tv?? (WHERE would I find this cable? Radio shack? (The Source)? Wirelesswave?
    1. That's up to you, just connect the phone to wifi so you can access the internet.

2. If they can transfer everything for you that you need, go for it. This shouldn't require root. Remember, we pulled off the SD card so you don't need them to do that.

3. I've done these. They're not too bad if you are at all mechanically inclined. Watch YouTube videos of the installation and see if you want to do that. The upshot here is you'll be able to sell the phone to recoup costs.

4. If you buy one, get it from Monoprice.com. They're extremely cheap. If you don't need the info with any urgency, I'd do this.

Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

is that the one?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Cheaper here, actually.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

I'm confused.. That is more expensive than the first site..

The first site it's 11.17us
    that link is $13.49us
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Ok this is VERY puzzling..

Your link was a MOBILE version of the site and on the MOBILE website it's $5.33
    YET on the PC version website it's $13.49

I just found local to me (10 mins from me)

Is that the right one?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Ok this is VERY puzzling..

Your link was a MOBILE version of the site and on the MOBILE website it's $5.33
    YET on the PC version website it's $13.49

I just found local to me (10 mins from me)

Is that the right one?
    All that matters is that the adapter is 5pin. Your link doesn't specify whether it's 5 or 11.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Turns out it's 11 pin.. I love how they state that it works on ALL PHONES yet never heard of 5 pin phones..

I emailed EveryDaySource to see why they only charge $5.33us when viewing their site thru a CELL PHONE, and charge $13.17us when viewing from a PC for the same product.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

It's too bad they don't just make a USB to HDMI connector since it seems that is all that is needed.. You have the micro 5-pin cord already (the cord you charge with), so really a USB to HDMI would be all that is needed I would think..

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

It's too bad they don't just make a USB to HDMI connector since it seems that is all that is needed.. You have the micro 5-pin cord already (the cord you charge with), so really a USB to HDMI would be all that is needed I would think..
    Agreed. The good news is you can use any HDMI cable you already own.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

THinking of getting that..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast