i cant download pleeeeaaase help!

Luyanda

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
i cant upload or download anyting at all whenever i do try i get an error that says "cannot download no internal storage available. please unmount it as a disk drive and try again" please help i have had my android for 2 months but havent enjoyed its full potential.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You could possibly be out of memory. Can you see the internal SD card available memory with a file Explorer app?

Provide further information requested above and let's see how we can get you to like the device from here on out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Luyanda

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
thr make is android not samsung not htc or any othervthe name of thevphone is ANDROID unfirtunately i cnt put up a screenshot cos i cnt upload anyting i cnt download either it says internal memory 503mb then used is 145 remaining is 358mb then default write disk sd then usb storage the sd card 5gb available 4,32gb then unmount sd card nd erase sd card. model name is N8000 ANDROID 4.0.3 no samsung or htc on the cover whe samsung would be i have the word android

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
thr make is android not samsung not htc or any othervthe name of thevphone is ANDROID unfirtunately i cnt put up a screenshot cos i cnt upload anyting i cnt download either it says internal memory 503mb then used is 145 remaining is 358mb then default write disk sd then usb storage the sd card 5gb available 4,32gb then unmount sd card nd erase sd card. model name is N8000 ANDROID 4.0.3 no samsung or htc on the cover whe samsung would be i have the word android

Would it be possible to take a photo with a digital camera and upload it that way?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I know you are using an android device but you didn't say which one.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

mckellan

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have almost the same problem

I have an HTC One V (no SD card, but plenty of internal memory available). I can take pictures, but when I take a screenshot or whenever I try to send anything via whatsapp or download any picture/video/audio file that my whatsapp contacts send me it says:

"Cannot download because no SD card is available. Please insert your SD card or unmount it as a disk drive, and try again"

I guess this is due to the fact that Whatsapp stores all the data in the memory card, as default setting. Is there any option to modify this??

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have almost the same problem

I have an HTC One V (no SD card, but plenty of internal memory available). I can take pictures, but when I take a screenshot or whenever I try to send anything via whatsapp or download any picture/video/audio file that my whatsapp contacts send me it says:

"Cannot download because no SD card is available. Please insert your SD card or unmount it as a disk drive, and try again"

I guess this is due to the fact that Whatsapp stores all the data in the memory card, as default setting. Is there any option to modify this??

Thanks

Welcome to Android Central! I don't use WhatsApp, so I'm not sure what the menu is like. Explore its menu options to see if there is a setting there for default download directory.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"cannot download no internal storage available. please unmount it as a disk drive and try again"
Do you have USB storage turned on? (Can you connect the phone to a computer and see the phone as a disk drive in the computer?)

If so, turn off USB storage. The phone can't access the SD card when it's being used as USB storage.

ashwinsingh chauhan

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I'm facing the same issue. But in my case, I pretty much know what has happened.
Please let me explain in detail:
- I wasn't able to move my apps to SD, so I surfed and found that it can be done by partitioning the SD card using "Mini Tool partition wizard", which I did. Created 2 partitions, both primary; one as a FAT and another EXT2.
- Then I used Link2SD to move the apps, but it didn't work.
- When I tried downloading a picture from my whatsapp, I got this message.
- Now my phone does not show up on my PC as a removable storage, neither it is detected by Mini tool.
I have a HDC(It's a chinese brand) 6 plus(iphone copy) which runs Android 4.2 or 4.4 not sure as it does not display it anywhere.
PLUS I do not have any knowledge about android, and that's why I'm in this spot. :'(

JayeshKanodia1

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy s5 and i converted my SD card to adoptable storage and after that the above problem of watsapp occured. i had done it before it never happened before but now it's happened. please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal