HTC Thunderbolt Won't Factory Reset. Help Please!!
So my aunt recently gave me her old HTC Thunderbolt. Ive tried doing a factory reset through settings and also through the volume down/power button but neither worked. Every time i try to do a factory reset it brings me back to the boot loader screen and says ***LOCKED***SECURITY WARNING***. I also tried loading the stock RUU onto the phone but it says *MAIN VERSION IS OLDER and wouldnt accept the RUU I put on the SD card. Any ideas how I can get this phone to factory reset? Or where I can find a stock RUU that will work? Thanks in advance!
Phones current software: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Bootloader screen says:
MECHA XD SHIP S-ON
Jun 28 2012.14:56:09
- 09-08-2013, 05:43 PM #2
Re: HTC Thunderbolt Won't Factory Reset. Help Please!!
Is there a SIM card installed? I'm pretty sure the Thunderbolt is a world phone and one could be installed, which may be the reason why its not allowing the reset.
Remove it and the battery and wait a few minutes. Install the battery (not the SIM) and see if you can factory reset afterwards.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
- 09-08-2013, 08:49 PM #4
- By chriskir in forum HTC One (M7)Replies: 3Last Post: 10-01-2013, 07:40 PM
- By dspayde in forum SprintReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2013, 04:29 PM
- By Jay Sacks in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 09-08-2013, 04:06 PM
- By Habiib in forum HTC One (M7)Replies: 2Last Post: 09-08-2013, 02:59 PM
- By Red_Berry_21 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2013, 02:23 PM