HTC Thunderbolt Won't Factory Reset. Help Please!!

MasonM77

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So my aunt recently gave me her old HTC Thunderbolt. Ive tried doing a factory reset through settings and also through the volume down/power button but neither worked. Every time i try to do a factory reset it brings me back to the boot loader screen and says ***LOCKED***SECURITY WARNING***. I also tried loading the stock RUU onto the phone but it says *MAIN VERSION IS OLDER and wouldnt accept the RUU I put on the SD card. Any ideas how I can get this phone to factory reset? Or where I can find a stock RUU that will work? Thanks in advance!

Phones current software: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Bootloader screen says:
MECHA XD SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.08.0000
MICROP- /
RADIO-2.02.00.1117r
eMMC-boot
Jun 28 2012.14:56:09

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there a SIM card installed? I'm pretty sure the Thunderbolt is a world phone and one could be installed, which may be the reason why its not allowing the reset.

Remove it and the battery and wait a few minutes. Install the battery (not the SIM) and see if you can factory reset afterwards.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

MasonM77

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Removing the battery did not help. I even tried putting in a SIM card and resetting and it still brings me back to the boot loader saying ***LOCKED***SECURITY WARNING***