Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G in Boot Loop

Laurkin

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I am on this thread because I am desperate. I am not very tech savvy and most search results use terms which I do not understand and was hoping y'all could help a poor gal in distress.

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G from a height of about 3 feet onto a marble floor. The battery popped out, but there is no physical damage as far as I can see. The phone automatically went into a reboot loop, by which I mean it flashes the "samsung" logo again and again. It doesn't turn on or off. After removing the battery and sim card several times to no avail, I searched some of these forums and found the 3 key combination (volume/power/home) which can be used to get a factory reset. Now, I have gotten that factory reset screen where I can scroll using the volume key, but my phone stays on that screen for about 4 seconds before reverting back to flashing "samsung." This is where I stand as of now.

Can someone give me an honest evaluation... is my phone completely done with?

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am on this thread because I am desperate. I am not very tech savvy and most search results use terms which I do not understand and was hoping y'all could help a poor gal in distress.

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G from a height of about 3 feet onto a marble floor. The battery popped out, but there is no physical damage as far as I can see. The phone automatically went into a reboot loop, by which I mean it flashes the "samsung" logo again and again. It doesn't turn on or off. After removing the battery and sim card several times to no avail, I searched some of these forums and found the 3 key combination (volume/power/home) which can be used to get a factory reset. Now, I have gotten that factory reset screen where I can scroll using the volume key, but my phone stays on that screen for about 4 seconds before reverting back to flashing "samsung." This is where I stand as of now.

Can someone give me an honest evaluation... is my phone completely done with?

Thanks.

Welcome to the fourms!
Try leaving the battery out for a few minutes and replace. Boot into recovery and do the factory reset.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to make sure--you do know the procedure to get your Attain to the Recovery mode, right? If not, here's a link: Phone Card Vine? How To Hard Reset A Samsung Attain 4G R920 for MetroPCS

Basically, turn the phone off by powering it off or removing the battery. Then after putting the battery back in, press volume up, home, and power at the same time and hold them down until you see the Recovery Menu appear. Now, instead of selecting Factory Reset, select Wipe Cache Partition. Once that is done, select Reboot System Now, and see if it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non