- 4 Posts
Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G in Boot Loop
I am on this thread because I am desperate. I am not very tech savvy and most search results use terms which I do not understand and was hoping y'all could help a poor gal in distress.
I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G from a height of about 3 feet onto a marble floor. The battery popped out, but there is no physical damage as far as I can see. The phone automatically went into a reboot loop, by which I mean it flashes the "samsung" logo again and again. It doesn't turn on or off. After removing the battery and sim card several times to no avail, I searched some of these forums and found the 3 key combination (volume/power/home) which can be used to get a factory reset. Now, I have gotten that factory reset screen where I can scroll using the volume key, but my phone stays on that screen for about 4 seconds before reverting back to flashing "samsung." This is where I stand as of now.
Can someone give me an honest evaluation... is my phone completely done with?
- 09-08-2013, 10:33 PM #2
- 09-09-2013, 12:24 AM #4
Re: Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G in Boot Loop
Welcome to Android Central! Just to make sure--you do know the procedure to get your Attain to the Recovery mode, right? If not, here's a link: Phone Card VineĽ How To Hard Reset A Samsung Attain 4G R920 for MetroPCS
Basically, turn the phone off by powering it off or removing the battery. Then after putting the battery back in, press volume up, home, and power at the same time and hold them down until you see the Recovery Menu appear. Now, instead of selecting Factory Reset, select Wipe Cache Partition. Once that is done, select Reboot System Now, and see if it helps.
- By kenziemichelee in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 07-28-2014, 03:40 PM
- By momof4rugratz in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 3Last Post: 10-09-2013, 01:45 PM
- By dt808 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 17Last Post: 09-11-2013, 09:47 AM
- By jeno27 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2013, 09:12 PM
- By MissyHaney in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2013, 09:40 AM