Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G in Boot Loop

I am on this thread because I am desperate. I am not very tech savvy and most search results use terms which I do not understand and was hoping y'all could help a poor gal in distress.

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G from a height of about 3 feet onto a marble floor. The battery popped out, but there is no physical damage as far as I can see. The phone automatically went into a reboot loop, by which I mean it flashes the "samsung" logo again and again. It doesn't turn on or off. After removing the battery and sim card several times to no avail, I searched some of these forums and found the 3 key combination (volume/power/home) which can be used to get a factory reset. Now, I have gotten that factory reset screen where I can scroll using the volume key, but my phone stays on that screen for about 4 seconds before reverting back to flashing "samsung." This is where I stand as of now.

Can someone give me an honest evaluation... is my phone completely done with?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    21,584 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G in Boot Loop

Quote Originally Posted by Laurkin View Post
    I am on this thread because I am desperate. I am not very tech savvy and most search results use terms which I do not understand and was hoping y'all could help a poor gal in distress.

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G from a height of about 3 feet onto a marble floor. The battery popped out, but there is no physical damage as far as I can see. The phone automatically went into a reboot loop, by which I mean it flashes the "samsung" logo again and again. It doesn't turn on or off. After removing the battery and sim card several times to no avail, I searched some of these forums and found the 3 key combination (volume/power/home) which can be used to get a factory reset. Now, I have gotten that factory reset screen where I can scroll using the volume key, but my phone stays on that screen for about 4 seconds before reverting back to flashing "samsung." This is where I stand as of now.

Can someone give me an honest evaluation... is my phone completely done with?

Thanks.
    Welcome to the fourms!
    Try leaving the battery out for a few minutes and replace. Boot into recovery and do the factory reset.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the fourms!
    Try leaving the battery out for a few minutes and replace. Boot into recovery and do the factory reset.
    I've tried... doesn't work because the phone keeps rebooting before the factory reset can start.

Welcome to Android Central! Just to make sure--you do know the procedure to get your Attain to the Recovery mode, right? If not, here's a link: Phone Card Vine How To Hard Reset A Samsung Attain 4G R920 for MetroPCS

Basically, turn the phone off by powering it off or removing the battery. Then after putting the battery back in, press volume up, home, and power at the same time and hold them down until you see the Recovery Menu appear. Now, instead of selecting Factory Reset, select Wipe Cache Partition. Once that is done, select Reboot System Now, and see if it helps.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.