Can my alarm clock do this?

chiro972

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I hate every android alarm I have found. What I want is one like my iPhone. I don't want repeating days. I want to be able to set three or four alarm times but have no days setting. I work irregular schedule and I want to turn on an alarm for six am and have it go off at the NEXT six am. Not the day after and not six days from now because I forgot to set the day of week button to tomorrow. I am sick of having the alarm going off on my Tuesday off because it was set for last Tuesday when I worked.

Is there an app that clones the iPhone alarm clock function?

Sorry, forgot to list my phone. Galaxy S3.

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It would help if we knew what phone you have.

On my GS3, this is certainly possible with the stock Touchwiz clock app (you specifically have to tell it to repeat). Also, if you have a phone with Google Now it should work fine as well (just open it and tell it to "wake me up at <time>" and it'll set a one time alarm.

What apps have you tried?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It would help if we knew what phone you have.

On my GS3, this is certainly possible with the stock Touchwiz clock app (you specifically have to tell it to repeat). Also, if you have a phone with Google Now it should work fine as well (just open it and tell it to "wake me up at <time>" and it'll set a one time alarm.

What apps have you tried?

Yea, I have the Galaxy S4 and you can do it with the stock alarm.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

chiro972

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have only tried the stock clock app. Every one I look at in the play store has days of the week on it. I don't want to set a day of the week at all. Ever. Maybe I am missing something, but if I don't set a day it won't go off in the morning, or am I wrong?. (eg, today is Monday. When I set it tonite, it seems I have to highlight the [T] button at the bottom of the screen or it won't go off tomorrow morning) It seems if I don't select a day it assumes tomorrow, but then I have to manually de-select tuesday after that. I simply want one that I can set a morning time alarm, an afternoon and evening alarm and turn each on or off as needed and not have to worry about which day.

I know it may seem silly, but for me, I have missed alarms and been woken by alarms that I didn't want with the stock clock app. The iphone clock app works just how I want this one to and I can't seem to find its equivalent.

Last edited:

chiro972

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
So set those 3 alarms for every day of the week, then turn them on and off as needed.
The point is, I don't want to specify a day of the week at all. If I set a 5:30 AM alarm right now, I want it to go off tomorrow morning (which is the next 5:30 AM) and then never again until I turn it on again. And if I do want it the next day, I want to turn it on again tomorrow evening without having to uncheck [T] and then check [W]. If you've used the iphone clock app, you simply toggle the alarm you want to ON and it will go off the next time that time comes around and will be set to OFF after you wake. Simple, I just can't believe there isn't one like that for android.
Not trying to be difficult or make a mountain out of a molehill, but I have awful problems with insomnia and using the stock clock, I end up with the darned thing going off when I am trying to sleep and sleeping in when I should be woken up.

chiro972

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Think I found it. Alarm clock plus by Binary Tactics. I'll find out after using it a few days, but it looks like it will do what I want.

Thanks for the input everyone.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock alarm on my Nexus 4, and it functions exactly how I understand your wishes are. When I set an alarm, it will only sound the next time that that the set time appears. It then turns off and will remain off until I turn it on again. There is an option to set it to repeat on certain days of the week (or all of them), but that option is turned off by default.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use Alarm Clock Xtreme from the Play store.I also work irregular schedules and it has the ability to set as one time use alarm (or repeating, should you ever want that). What I love about it is you can set how many snoozes to allow for a given alarm (I have a habit of hitting it over and over sometimes and over sleep), and various dismissal options. Mine is set so I have to answer a math problem to fully dismiss the alarm when it goes off to help make sure I'm actually awake.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I hate every android alarm I have found. What I want is one like my iPhone. I don't want repeating days. I want to be able to set three or four alarm times but have no days setting. I work irregular schedule and I want to turn on an alarm for six am and have it go off at the NEXT six am. Not the day after and not six days from now because I forgot to set the day of week button to tomorrow. I am sick of having the alarm going off on my Tuesday off because it was set for last Tuesday when I worked.

Is there an app that clones the iPhone alarm clock function?

Sorry, forgot to list my phone. Galaxy S3.

Welcome to the forums!
Here is the biggest problem I found with TouchWiz clocks. The alarms suck. It always poorly assumes that you need it for the next day upon creation, unless you tell it differently. You can't have a general wake up time of 5:30. Now, an AOSP clock will let you do that. You can try Alarm Clock by Macro Pinch in Play. Free app. I haven't used it, but it does seem to mirror the AOSP alarm.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante