Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsung Galaxy Chat not charging correctly.

So, I have the Samsung Galaxy Chat (GT-s5330) and I have a weird problem. When I connect it to a charger (happens on wall charger and on PC connection) it turns off immediately, and it can't be turn on whatsoever. I left it a whole night charging, and in the morning, when I disconnected it and turned it on, it had low battery and needed to be connected to the charger. I think it got wet this weekend, because it rained a lot, but I really don't know the cause of it. How can I solve it?

Global Posts
    8,951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Chat not charging correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick32123 View Post
    So, I have the Samsung Galaxy Chat (GT-s5330) and I have a weird problem. When I connect it to a charger (happens on wall charger and on PC connection) it turns off immediately, and it can't be turn on whatsoever. I left it a whole night charging, and in the morning, when I disconnected it and turned it on, it had low battery and needed to be connected to the charger. I think it got wet this weekend, because it rained a lot, but I really don't know the cause of it. How can I solve it?
    If you suspect water damage it might be wise to let is sit for a while to dry. They say placing the device (with the battery and back cover removed) in a bag with rice to suck any moisture out of the device. Let it sit for a few hours then try again. If still nothing, then consider a battery replacement - hopefully that's what the problem is. If still nothing, then it could possibly be some damage to the hardware and the device should be replaced.