Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't end call!!! Help!

When I make a call on my Droid mini I cannot see an end call button. Therefore if someone doesn't answer and it goes to voicemail or its a service that continues to call and i want to hang up...I CAN'T! I even move it away from my ear and it won't end the call. My Otter Box has a hole for the ear piece to be visible too so its not an interference. Is there a setting I need to fix or is something else wrong? I need to be able to end calls I make myself!

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Can't end call!!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith Hiatt View Post
    When I make a call on my Droid mini I cannot see an end call button. Therefore if someone doesn't answer and it goes to voicemail or its a service that continues to call and i want to hang up...I CAN'T! I even move it away from my ear and it won't end the call. My Otter Box has a hole for the ear piece to be visible too so its not an interference. Is there a setting I need to fix or is something else wrong? I need to be able to end calls I make myself!
    By chance, have you tried removing the Otterbox case and make a call just to be sure? Also, look through the settings and see if the end call button has been hidden.

If you did not remove any files or have not been tinkering with the device everything should be in perfect working order with this app. If the above doesn't resolve the problems then go into the phone app via system settings > applications > phone.apk (it might be called something else) and clear data.

Hopefully some of the above ideas help you see the end call button.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Default Re: Can't end call!!! Help!

When you move the phone away from your ear, does the screen remain blank? If so, your case might be interfering with the proximity sensor, which turns off the screen when it's held up to your ear to prevent unintentional screen touches. If your case is interfering with the proximity sensor (which should be near the front-facing camera), it might make the phone think that it's still up to your ear, and keep the screen blank.

According to the Mini's manual on page 27 (access it ), there should be a red bar with a phone icon along the bottom of the screen when you're in a call, which is the hangup bar. Do you see it?