- 18 Posts
NewEgg Phone Protection Plan + Verizon's Insurance
I just paid attention to the fact that I seem to be paying for both Verizon's insurance in addition to the Phone Protection Plan that NewEgg help me set up through a third party. Before I click the button to remove the insurance I want to make sure that I'm not shooting myself in the foot in case I break this 5 inch piece of glass. PPP costs $8 per month and replaces my phone for free if I break it. Insurance costs $7 and I pay $100 to replace a broken phone. Does the PPP expire after a certain time? If I cancel the insurance can I purchase it again later?
I tried calling customer service and can't seem to get a straight answer...shocker. Any help would be much appreciated!
- 09-10-2013, 12:59 PM #2
- 5,139 Posts
- Stock 4.4 (KitKat)
Re: NewEgg Phone Protection Plan + Verizon's Insurance
It's usually hard to add insurance at a later date if you cancel it. I have never dealt with Newegg insurance, so you might want to search online for reviews and see if its worth it. The benefit of Verizon is that they'll replace a lost device, but with a $100 deductible (I'm on Sprint and it's essentially the same policy).
If Newegg reviews turn out to be good then consider that so you are not double paying for insurance coverage.
- By BeRich in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 21Last Post: 10-15-2013, 07:20 AM
- By stevereecy in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 6Last Post: 09-11-2013, 11:14 AM
- By MikeLip in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 2Last Post: 09-11-2013, 09:45 AM
- By stanlm2 in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2013, 12:19 AM
- By articfoxxy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-10-2013, 09:47 PM