Copy/Paste

TJGEsq

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering why the copy/paste function in some Android apps is different than the standard throughout the rest of the operating system.

For example, in Chrome, there is a copy/paste bar that appears over the address bar when a word is highlighted. In Firefox, nothing appears at all when a word is highlighted. I eventually discovered that you must tap the highlighted word in order to copy it.

Is there any way to make copy/paste function uniform throughout every app?

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering why the copy/paste function in some Android apps is different than the standard throughout the rest of the operating system.

For example, in Chrome, there is a taste bar that appears over the address bar when a word is highlighted. In Firefox, nothing appears at all when a word is highlighted. I eventually discovered that you must tap the highlighted word in order to copy it.

Is there any way to make copy/paste function uniform throughout every app?

Thanks.

Which is weird because every app that I can think of where I long press to highlight a word, the copy button always pops up.

TJGEsq

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I just looked at Chrome again and it has the button with two sheets of paper, but it's on the bar that I am talking about.

Either you have an out of date version of Chrome, or we're having a miscommunication.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just looked at Chrome again and it has the button with two sheets of paper, but it's on the bar that I am talking about.

Either you have an out of date version of Chrome, or we're having a miscommunication.

OK to start over, only the developer can change how/where the copy function happens.
Second, I meant that most apps that I use utilize an icon of two sheets of paper.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz