- 2 Posts
newbie here Android & IOS SMS problems
I am a complete Android newbie.
I just got a Android tablet that is WiFi only but I still have an iPhone for my primary phone.
The tablet is running 4.1.1.
Hangouts is the default messaging app correct?
I am not able to sms anyone.
how can I cross platform sms?
Also if possible is there a way to receive the same sms on the tablet and IOS as I use both devices?
- 09-11-2013, 10:31 PM #2
Re: newbie here Android & IOS SMS problems
1. SMS, Normally done over the cell radios which you do not have on the tablet. Because you are talking about cross platform, it may be difficult, if even possible. You can try to set up maybe Google Voice on your iPhone and tablet, but I doubt it on the iPhone's part.
2. Hangouts is more an instant messaging app. So if your friends are on G+, then it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
While you are trying to use both platforms, I just don't think what you want to do can be done. For the most part, you need to make sure that Google voice (or any other 3rd part sms app) can be installed on both platforms.
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- By Vinicius Santos in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 5Last Post: 09-25-2013, 03:06 PM
- By gianthobbit in forum Moto XReplies: 5Last Post: 09-23-2013, 09:45 AM
- By jcarlee in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 09-12-2013, 03:55 PM
- By Edible Walrus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 09-11-2013, 07:49 PM
- By Youssef BOUKDIR in forum Android Central AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-11-2013, 05:07 PM