- 1 Posts
Mini-shortcuts appear on their own
I'm puzzled as to why I randomly get shortcuts added to my phone screen. They are smaller than all the other icons, and when I select them they take me to the appstore to download that specific app. These shortcuts are for apps I have not downloaded. I can't find them in my programs to remove, either.
I'm certain this is a result of another game I have downloaded, but I can't see where to shut it off. I've witnessed my phone flash something like 'Shortcut for Play Castle Crash created' while on a phone call or in another app. I'll remove it from my screen, but it'll reappear after a few hours. And if I don't remove them, they will fill all empty shortcut spots.
Any help is appreciated.
- 09-12-2013, 03:38 PM #2
- 6,868 Posts
Re: Mini-shortcuts appear on their own
Welcome to Android Central. I think you're right, it's due to another game that you installed before. I suggest you uninstall your most recenly installed games one by one until that behavior stops. Are all of these app shortcuts for apps from the same developer? If so, you should be able to narrow it down to some game you installed from that developer.
- By mikekrafick in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 3Last Post: 09-15-2013, 11:19 PM
- By GzronaRoadKing in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:49 PM
- By JWaldenback in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:30 PM
- By steve1961 in forum Motorola Droid MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:11 PM
- By deadpenguins in forum Moto XReplies: 7Last Post: 09-12-2013, 02:44 PM