phone won't recognize SD card

mrkvos

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have recently purchased a smartphone from ebay some copycat brand model named q9000 and I am trying to mount a SD card (ADATA 16GB UHS-1), but when I put the card into the phone the card its just not recognized by the phone and Its just keep saying insert card for mounting. I am new to smartphones maybe I am doing something wrong ,but I have tryied everything sugested on the forums like formating it but still nothing is happening.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried any other SD cards? Maybe it's a problem with the one card that you've been trying.

If other cards don't work, then it is likely a problem with the phone. There are two major risk factors for this--it is a "copycat" brand (and hence, more likely to be of suspect quality), and you bought it from eBay (so it is probably used or refurbished).

mrkvos

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
The phone seems to work fine even if it was used before or not the card is brand new when I put it into PC it works well and I have a older card from my nokia phone 64mb and it doesnt work either and it too work on PC. I am affraid that Im doing something wrong and just puting the card the wrong way or I have some options set wrong I dont know. If the slot is broken could it be replaced? slot doesnt look thats something wrong with it, the guy said that he tested it before shipment. I have formated the card with sd carf format program and even restore the factory setting but still nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So what you're describing reinforces my suspicion that the problem is with the phone (specifically, the SD card slot). The SD cards you've been trying clearly seem to be functional. If the guy said he tested it, maybe he didn't--or maybe the damage occurred during shipment.

SD card slots won't let you insert the cards in the wrong way. They typically click into place so that the card is completely flush with the case; to remove it, you have to press it in again until it clicks, then it pops out. With some devices, though, it just slides in without a click, but you still shouldn't be able to insert it the wrong way.

mrkvos

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
No no I meant to if you have to turn off the phone before you put the card in or the phone can be on and things like that. I have read on the forum one advice that you have to put the card in and out for several times so I did that and suddenly the card has been recognized by the phone and it is workong right now. I hope it was just some sofware problem or something similar and the slot is ok. Thank you for your help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting--I've never heard that. But glad it's working now!

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No no I meant to if you have to turn off the phone before you put the card in or the phone can be on and things like that.
It's always a good idea to turn the phone off before inserting or removing the card. You can unmount it before removing it, but having the power off assures that nothing will go wrong.