Battery help

Ygglens

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I just recieved my phone, after sending it in, to have a few issues fixed... It's an HTC One X+.
I sendt it in becuase of poor battery performance and overheating.

When I got it back, I noticed the phone still gets just as hot as it used to, just from using the camera or browser for a few minutes... I checked the service note, and noticed they had put in a 2040 mAh battery, where the phone used to have a 2100 mAh battery... I have no idea what mAh is, so I was wondering if any one knew if this is something I will notice when I use the phone.

Will the 60 mAh less, be a noticable loss in performance? The battery on the HTC One x+ was total garbage from day one, and now I have a smaller battery in there, so I'm a bit worried.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! mAh means milliampere-hours, which is the measure of charge that batteries use. A difference of 60 should be negligible.

How hot is your battery getting? All smartphone batteries get warm with typical use, but they shouldn't get unpleasantly hot. You can use any number of battery widgets or apps in the Google Play store to monitor the battery temperature--try GSAM. It isn't unusual for the battery to get up to 100-110F, often with 4G use or playing a game.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just recieved my phone, after sending it in, to have a few issues fixed... It's an HTC One X+.
I sendt it in becuase of poor battery performance and overheating.

When I got it back, I noticed the phone still gets just as hot as it used to, just from using the camera or browser for a few minutes... I checked the service note, and noticed they had put in a 2040 mAh battery, where the phone used to have a 2100 mAh battery... I have no idea what mAh is, so I was wondering if any one knew if this is something I will notice when I use the phone.

Will the 60 mAh less, be a noticable loss in performance? The battery on the HTC One x+ was total garbage from day one, and now I have a smaller battery in there, so I'm a bit worried.

It is a smaller battery, but has no bearing on why the phone is getting hot. mAh is a measurement of how long a battery can last on one charge. The bigger the number the longer it can last.

Ygglens

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! mAh means milliampere-hours, which is the measure of charge that batteries use. A difference of 60 should be negligible.

How hot is your battery getting? All smartphone batteries get warm with typical use, but they shouldn't get unpleasantly hot. You can use any number of battery widgets or apps in the Google Play store to monitor the battery temperature--try GSAM. It isn't unusual for the battery to get up to 100-110F, often with 4G use or playing a game.

My phone does not have 4G, and I usually only use it while on wifi.

The phone some times overheats, and it can get so hot that it's unpleasent, on the back near the camera, and on the screen (in the same place). I sendt HTC and e-mail, and they told me it was not uncommon for the phone to get upp to 140 degrees, and stated it to be normal for that model.

After getting the phone back, (they have changed out allmost all the parts inside it) and I still have the heat issue, I think it's time for me to move away from HTC... I'v tried both iOS and Android, so I think I'll og for Windows phone this time. Nokia Lumia 1020 hase an insane camera, so I think I'll check it out :)

Edit: The App is telling me my phone is about 107 degreees after using the camera for about 10 minuts, so the heat should not be a problem then... I got about 8 hours out of my phone today. I took 15 pics, called for 10 minuts, sendt 10 texts, and had a look at youtube for about 20 minuts... All on wifi.

It is a smaller battery, but has no bearing on why the phone is getting hot. mAh is a measurement of how long a battery can last on one charge. The bigger the number the longer it can last.

I think it's the prosessor that makes it so hot. It's a common issue With the phone :)

Last edited: