- 1 Posts
Help with recovering data (partially covered data but need older files)
So i have a samsung galaxy y. I used Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android to recover some deleted text messages (i need the number that i texted) it was pretty good for recovering data like numbers, texts ect. but it only recovered the data from the last 3 months and i need the text messages from 6 months ago. Is there anything I can do?
Any help would be appreicated, thanks.
- 09-13-2013, 09:03 PM #2
- 09-14-2013, 06:27 PM #3
- 704 Posts
Re: Help with recovering data (partially covered data but need older files)
Recovery tools use fact that most filesystems deletes just allocation data (data where the file is in storage) instead of deleting the whole file, as file is not allocated anymore (formally it does not exist) disk can use space that that file taken and overwrite old file.
If your tool can't recover files you searching it probably means they been complitly overwriten already and can't be recovered, and considering you recovered files from 3 months of use check if those files are partly damaged as just part of might be been overwritten (thru text files are easy to recover from such state... atleast you got part of your work safed ). The longer you wait to recover the chances for recover of clean file is lower
- By Furnimus#AC in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 10-09-2013, 07:27 AM
- By raydotchu in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 09-23-2013, 08:17 PM
- By Perry k in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-13-2013, 09:35 PM
- By Android Rage in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 09-13-2013, 03:03 PM
- By strateg in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 09-13-2013, 01:40 PM