HELP! Android Device Manager won't register my phone!

rayjaymor85

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Team,

I recently rooted my Xperia Z phone, which is now running stock 4.3 and doing it rather well.

The only problem I have now is that, well, Android Device Manager will not acknowledge the existence of my device, I can find my Tablet, but it does not even give me the option of finding my phone.

Weirdly, my old devices (an HTC One XL, HTC Desire HD, and an old Galaxy Tab) are still showing up in Google Play under 'My Devices' but not my Xperia Z.

Device Manager has been enabled on the Xperia Z, and as far as I can see all permissions are set.

Any ideas??

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Team,

I recently rooted my Xperia Z phone, which is now running stock 4.3 and doing it rather well.

The only problem I have now is that, well, Android Device Manager will not acknowledge the existence of my device, I can find my Tablet, but it does not even give me the option of finding my phone.

Weirdly, my old devices (an HTC One XL, HTC Desire HD, and an old Galaxy Tab) are still showing up in Google Play under 'My Devices' but not my Xperia Z.

Device Manager has been enabled on the Xperia Z, and as far as I can see all permissions are set.

Any ideas??

Welcome to the forums!
Have you looked under Google Settings? Should be a green icon in the app drawer.