SD card not detected

manelc

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a sd card that was working on my phone, suddenly sd card stopped working and my phone cant detect him. I tried to connect on my pc and my pc also dont detect it.
Tried in various ways, tried with usb phone cable, tried with card reader tried with usb card reader, my sd card is just not detected.

I Also tried various softwares to format it but i cant do anything because nothing detect the card.

Please dont tell me to format sdcard, or mount sdcard in phone etc.... cant do anything because i cant acces that option because sdcard IS NOT DETECTED!
If any of you know what to do to fix issue please tell me.

- Sd card is not locked
-kingston 16 gb micro sd HC

Thank you

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may just be a bad or counterfeit SD card, which is a relatively common problem. Did it come in original sealed packaging, or was it in unlabeled packaging? If the latter, I'd suspect it was counterfeit. If you just bought it, see if you can return or exchange it.

Posted via Android Central App

qxr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
It may just be a bad or counterfeit SD card, which is a relatively common problem. Did it come in original sealed packaging, or was it in unlabeled packaging? If the latter, I'd suspect it was counterfeit. If you just bought it, see if you can return or exchange it.

Posted via Android Central App

Agree. I have replaced 2 sd cards in the last 2 months. Both cards became unreliable and neither card did anything other than get removed from their packaging and placed into devices. Exchange and if possible go with a name brand just in case.

:)

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Clean pins? The card is new.... bought 2 weeks ago..but sure i will clean the pins.

Any other suggestion if this not work?

Thanks

Guaranteed solution: return it, it's still new and still under warranty. Get a replacement. Don't waste hours of your time on a low value memory card.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean by clean the pins ?
i need your help because i am also suffering from same problem

Welcome to Android Central! The person was referring to the exposed gold contacts on the SD card. You can clean those contacts using a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.

Lenie Lanojan

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
my SD card is from CDR King..it has a 4g maximum capacity ...
I was using it for my BenQ camera.. I uploaded photos with the use of a card reader to a PC.but.. it wasnt able to read the datas again when I inserted it back to the camera....
.. After a few "TRY AGAIN""" the camera read the datas..
Then I uploaded pics again.. but now... the PC wont read the card... and so did my camera..

WHAT WILL I DO??? Please help me..
I tried to format it,, but It wont do because the PC cant even read it.... NOT DETECTED...

thank you...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try Data Recovery Software, Solutions, Tutorials, Forum - ZAR Data Recovery Photo recovery is free. If ZA won't read the card, it's a piece of plastic that you can use to shim a short table leg.

This is one reason I buy nothing but SanDisk cards. They're the manufacturer (Kingston buys chips and puts them together to make cards), and they stand behind their products. Their failure rate is also much lower than Kingston's. (Samsung is also a manufacturer - the only one other than SanDisk - but SanDisk is a much easier company to work with.)

Also be aware - an SD card is a consumable. IOW, every SD card will eventually go bad. If you have important files on an SD card, have them backed up somewhere else.

Francis Fel

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
To whom it may concern,

I have micro SD card plug in to my phone but the phone will not detect it. I tried it on my computer and the micro SD card is working. My phone is running with 4.2 Jelly Bean. What should i do to make it working. Pls. help, thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

First, are you sure you have pushed the microSD card all the way in? Usually, it will click into place.

If it's fully seated and still not detected, then perhaps it is in the wrong format. What size is the card? If it's >32 GB, there's a good chance it's formatted in exFAT, which is not compatible with most Android devices. You need to format it into FAT32, which probably needs to be done on your computer. Devices can often detect if the card is incompatible, and offer to format the card for you, but not always.

Please let us know what brand and model of phone you're using, and the capacity of the microSD card you're using.

Vathsa Sri

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a sd card that was working on my phone, suddenly sd card stopped working and my phone cant detect him. I tried to connect on my pc and my pc also dont detect it.

And i tried different sd card also dnot detect it.

Pls. help, thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

And i tried different sd card also dnot detect it.

Pls. help, thank you.

Welcome to Android Central! What kind of phone do you have? Some phones don't handle SD cards that well, and seem to actually corrupt them sometimes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds more like El Cheapo SD cards (where El Cheapo starts with a "K"). Anyone running an SD card should have SD Insight installed, and run that on every new card. You'd be amazed at how many "32GB Class 10" cards are actually 2GB or 4GB Class 4 memory chips programmed to say that they're larger and faster. And the packaging? With a good scanner and a laser printer, you can print an exact duplicate of the packaging for 5 cents. (I wish I remembered where, but yesterday or the day before I saw some ads for 4GB Class 4 cards for 9 cents each. I was ready to buy all they had. You can always use them for flash-boot cards.)

Edit: Found the ad. 9 cents for the card, $4.99 for the shipping. Well, how much more could they charge to throw in a few more grams of cards. So I ordered 100 cards. $9 for the cards, $499 for the shipping. Tomorrow Best Buy and I will have a little talk - they have a few SanDisk cards at a nice price. Not Extreme plus, but for the price they'll do nicely.

(If I were dishonest, and didn't mind the flight to Shenzhen, I could make a few million on SD cards before Memorial day. 49 cents and they'll program and print the card to be any brand, speed and size you want. Including "original" packaging.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith