- 1 Posts
How do i reinstall facebook on my phone? I think it was a pre loaded app. I uninstalled it because it was crashing all the time and was just going to reinstall it but i dont have the option to reinstall. The icon is still there when i click on it i get an error message saying com.facebook katana not working. Any ideas?
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-16-2013, 12:35 AM #2
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- 09-16-2013, 02:01 AM #3
Re: Facebook app
Welcome to Android Central! How exactly did you uninstall it the first time? Did you do it from the Settings/Apps menu, or from Google Play, or in the App Drawer by long-pressing the icon? If it's a preinstalled app, you can't truly uninstall the whole thing unless your phone is rooted (kind of like jailbreaking an iPhone)--all you can do is uninstall any updates for the app you might have installed.
I agree with Golfdriver97--go to the Google Play Store on your phone, search for the true Facebook app (i.e., the one published by Facebook, not the helper apps published by other developers), and tapping Install (or Update, if that's what it shows).
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 10-06-2013, 10:47 AM
- By Jaan Q in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2013, 01:56 PM
- By Fred98TJ in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 09-23-2013, 02:33 PM
- By LibopCalculator in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-15-2013, 10:06 PM
- By ShrewLlama in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 09-15-2013, 06:02 PM