URGENT HELP - Note 8.0 (GT-N5100) IS DEAD after update

sautan

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Thailand Version Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5100). It works good under AT&T for few months. Last night (sept 14, 2013), I was prompted for system update so as usual, I clicked OK and leave the device in my bag. After couple hours, I pulled out the device and it was off. I turned it on (battery level 84%) and got on facebook then again I placed it in my bag. About an hour later, i took it out trying to make call, the phone was off again!!! I try to press the power button but it won't turn on. I then try the power + volume button for 10 seconds, it then shows the samsung logo (as it's powering up) then suddenly it shut down. I kept on trying the power + volume button but no respond. I then try power + menu + volume button, it pop out the battery charging icon (showing empty) and the went DEAD. After that, no matter what keys i press and even trying to charge the phone, no respond, JUST DEAD and WON'T TURN ON or Charge!!!!! Is this the battery issue or firmware updates issue? Does Thai Version need different updates then the USA version???? PLEASE HELP, all my important notes and photos are in the device with no backup!!!! THANKS.

bluemetalrabbit

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I also have a galaxy note GT-N5100,serbian version, purchased unlocked in Australia, where I live, have learnt enough to know I have to record my devices specs and update with the correct specific update to my model ie kernel version, baseband version, build no.etc. if you don't match it you have a problem.
Having said all that I am also having trouble accessing the correct update, Samsung Australia aren't helpful at all as its not an Australian version, Kogan the company I purchased it from online are pretty much impossible to reach with queries on after sales service, and I don'tspeak/read Serbian. Tried downloading Samsung Kies, which MAY or MAYNOT be of assistance but it requires a much more modern computer than I possess. Would love to hear any advice help etc
Bluemetalrabbit

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In the US, one of the big box chains has a Samsung desk in the store, manned by Samsung employees. They're usually as helpful as they're allowed to be. (They won't honor the warranty if you flashed a non-Samsung ROM, for instance.) I don't know if you have anything like that in Oz, but ask around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress