Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question [Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 not connecting to Samsung Kies after PACMAN ROM upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S2 ROM to PACMAN ROM 4.2.2. Upgrade was successful and

everything is working fine. The backup I had taken in Samsung Kies is now becoming difficult

to put it back to my phone. I tried all possible ways to connect my phone to Samsung Kies but

this is not working. Due to this I am unable to restore my backup to my phone. Whenever I

connect my phone it gets stuck in connecting message and does nothing. It used to work before

the previous ROM.

What I have done till now:
    1) Reinstalled samsung Kies several times (without & with phone connected). Downloaded the

latest kies and installed.
    2) Manually installed SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe from kies folder.
    3) USB Debugging ON/OFF both way tried - no help. (MTP Enabled always)
    4) Removed all phone entries (ADB & other entries) from device manager and reinstalled each

drivers completely - no help
    5) Take battery off and restart while kies connected.
    6) checked different cable - no help
    7) Tried on different laptop - no help
    8) Tried connecting Kies with safe mode -

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 not connecting to Samsung Kies after PACMAN ROM upgrade-kies.jpg
    [Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 not connecting to Samsung Kies after PACMAN ROM upgrade-dmgr.jpg

Please can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Jas

Global Posts
    20,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: [Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 not connecting to Samsung Kies after PACMAN ROM upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by jbagnal View Post
    Hi,

I recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S2 ROM to PACMAN ROM 4.2.2. Upgrade was successful and

everything is working fine. The backup I had taken in Samsung Kies is now becoming difficult

to put it back to my phone. I tried all possible ways to connect my phone to Samsung Kies but

this is not working. Due to this I am unable to restore my backup to my phone. Whenever I

connect my phone it gets stuck in connecting message and does nothing. It used to work before

the previous ROM.

What I have done till now:
    1) Reinstalled samsung Kies several times (without & with phone connected). Downloaded the

latest kies and installed.
    2) Manually installed SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe from kies folder.
    3) USB Debugging ON/OFF both way tried - no help. (MTP Enabled always)
    4) Removed all phone entries (ADB & other entries) from device manager and reinstalled each

drivers completely - no help
    5) Take battery off and restart while kies connected.
    6) checked different cable - no help
    7) Tried on different laptop - no help
    8) Tried connecting Kies with safe mode -

Please can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Jas
    Welcome to the forums!
    I tried connecting mine to Kies, and it didn't after ten minutes. I think it is the fact of custom ROMs, but I may be wrong. For me it's no big loss. The only thing i update Kies for is Samsung Drivers.
    Everything else, I have an app that can back up what Kies can.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: [Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 not connecting to Samsung Kies after PACMAN ROM upgrade

Hi, the only mistake I did, I took my back up via Kies and now its not able to connect. I think I should have used some other apps to do this. Its definitely the ROM problem.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I learned this after rooting and installing a custom ROM.

Kies does not recognize custom ROM.

Hope this helps

Posted via Android Central App

I'm also still confused about this
    Fracent.com