12 days in, phone stuttering when opening apps...

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
First time on Android, i'd actually heard in the past that this happening so i'm not sure if this is normal or not (nope not) but my phone is stuttering when i open applications what's up with that?

i have the moto x, so UI is pretty vanilla. My yahoo and text open and when they first open there's a little stutter as they open. ?!! :(. Getting a new phone soon due to another issue i'm having, but i get the feeling it will happen again. I don't have any crazy apps, happy to delete all of them if that might help, but would want to put them back at some point. I have Clean Master, ran that a few times, deleted all apps that were not pivotal, restarted, clean master again and re-started. Still stuttery. :(!!.

After a re-start it's okay for a couple of opens but then right back to the issue. Mostly with the email program but then i noticed it with my texting program as well. :(!!!

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
First time on Android, i'd actually heard in the past that this happening so i'm not sure if this is normal or not (nope not) but my phone is stuttering when i open applications what's up with that?

i have the moto x, so UI is pretty vanilla. My yahoo and text open and when they first open there's a little stutter as they open. ?!! :(. Getting a new phone soon due to another issue i'm having, but i get the feeling it will happen again. I don't have any crazy apps, happy to delete all of them if that might help, but would want to put them back at some point. I have Clean Master, ran that a few times, deleted all apps that were not pivotal, restarted, clean master again and re-started. Still stuttery. :(!!

After a re-start it's okay for a while, then back to the issue. Mostly with the email program but then i noticed it with my texting program as well. :(!!!

Put this on the Moto X forums, there might be a power saving feature or some others that could be causing this that others might be aware of better to help you.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
That stuttering definitely is not normal. You may have gotten a faulty device :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Agreed. I have never experienced any lag on the Moto X no matter what I've thrown at it. Do a factory reset and if you still experience the problem seek out a warranty exchange.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I have never experienced any lag on the Moto X no matter what I've thrown at it. Do a factory reset and if you still experience the problem seek out a warranty exchange.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

hmmm. maybe it's something i put on it? cuz i'm on my 2nd device and this one is doing it too.

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
hmmm. maybe it's something i put on it? cuz i'm on my 2nd device and this one is doing it too.

Check the apps you've downloaded I guess. One of them might be screwing with your phone. Try uninstalling them all then installing one at a time and seeing if any of them are causing it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app