Motorola Droid Mini home screen delete?

Jamezzym

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to delete home screens on the Droid Mini XT1030, this phone came out a couple months ago I believe? Before this I had the Incredible 4G LTE and just pinched zoom the screen to accomplish this The Incredible also had more personalizing options which could be saved. I've had 2 droids (HTC and Pantech) that were very customizable and easy to use. This Droid Mini is a bit different, fast, but kinda annoying when there is a gesture that is supposed to be there. Maybe it's just Motorola? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That functionality is not native to stock Android. You can accomplish it by using a 3rd party launcher, such as Nova Launcher Prime, or Apex Launcher. They let you customize the number of screens, grid size, as well as many other things about the UI.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with above. The reason you could do this with your Incredible was that it was HTC, which has a modified Android interface called Sense. Motorola's Motoblur interface is much closer to basic Android (which, on the whole, I find more desirable, because it doesn't force any fancy bells and whistles on you--you can choose to install them yourself if you want).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy