Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Default Re: Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Martinez View Post
    I havean Android phone and yesterday bought the tablet but when I go to download something only the phone will show up to download the app and it doesn't give me a choice to pick the tablet. The tablet will not show up anywhere. What am I doing wrong?
    Try updating any APP directly from the market using your tab, there may also be an updated Google Play main app which should come up automatically when you go to the play store via the tab, that sounds like the reason it is not appearing.

I assume your using your same gmail user name / acct as well for both devices (which would make your account associated to it).

Also some APPS are not compatible with Tabs so if it's not compatibility with the device it should tell you as well, hence try the above 1st.

Try that & get back to us.
    Last edited by Cellmeister; 08-11-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Update

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Grateful to have found this site because I'm completely new to all smartphones.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Wink Re: Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

Hi everyone good to be here. New to android tablets and forms. I'll do my best to live up to everybody standers. Jerryc05

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Wink Re: Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

Hi everybody new to android and forms. But hop to live up to everybody standers. Jerryc05

Hey IM new Androidcentral, and trying to downloAd Android lost, could someone help please

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Hi.... I'm new here. I just want to ask on how to deactivate car mode on my Samsung note... I was charging my phone last night it was beeping and beeping saying charge your phone and the screen kept on changing and changing until there was an icon on top like car mode.. How to fix this problem? Thanks

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I'd like to add a couple of issues I've had with my S3 and see if anyone else had encountered them or has solutions.
    1) When attaching photos to text messages, I randomly but frequently get the error message that the file type is not recognized (even though the picture was taken with this phone) and the photo will not attach. I have to reboot the phone after which it usually works but very annoying.
    2) I tried to pay my car registration over the phone the other day which required going through multiple branches of a phone tree (press 1 for this, 5 for that, etc.) and ultimately led to entering my CC#. When I got to the step of entering the expiration date it was as if I had somehow "overloaded" the phone's capacity to accept further keypad inputs. It wouldn't accept any more numeric inputs and the screen would go instantly black everytime I tried to enter something. I thought it might be a problem at the other end so I tried again with exactly the same result at exactly the same point in the process. I did it again on my landline phone with no problem.

Anxious to hear thoughts from the forum.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

hi everybody
    new to the android world, sort of

my daughter gave me a used superpad3 and i really liked the way it works,
    so my wife gave me a flytouch8 superpad8 for fathers day.

now on the new machine i have a problem with mounting a usb keyboard and a usb stick

enable media scanning on sd + usb is ticked

in this new one only 1 will work at a time,
    even though there are 2 usb ports, as well as a micro sd

how do i mound usb keyboard and usb data stick at the same time?
    in the old flytouch3 there are no problems with this
    they happily work together.
    i prefer to keep my data on the usb stick sdo that i can access it when at home on the desktop pc with ease

my device is a 10.2" multi function tablet

tablet pc

allwinner A10 1.5ghz A10 mali 400 cpu

model number: BC1003
    android version: 4.0.4
    baseband version: 1.5rc4
    kernel version: 3.0.8

jackie@ubuntu#2
    mon aug 6 cst 2012

built number
    crane_bc1003-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D

thank you for your time
    ron

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Seems I'm lost. Had my Atrix 2 for almost a year and thought I knew it pretty well. Here's my problem. When texting (fb,reg text), I've always had the suggestion words below what I was typing. If I typed something the phone didn't recognize it'd ask if I wanted it added to the dictionary. Now it seems my phone has a dumb bug, almost anything I type, it ask if I want it added. Simple words like "went" or even "I". I check to see if the Word Suggestion box was checked, and yes it was. Am I missing a setting?

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

how to move phone memory pics to memory card in samsung galaxy advance.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Yeah I just joined

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and need advice if anyone of you had my similar issue, i have an HTC ONE X and it keeps on shutting down lately everytime i restart it it shut down instantly.

thanks guys

Hay i'm new to this side. i need help? Can any one know how to sort by last name in samsung Galaxy S3 ??

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by skiman447 View Post
    2) I tried to pay my car registration over the phone the other day which required going through multiple branches of a phone tree (press 1 for this, 5 for that, etc.) and ultimately led to entering my CC#. When I got to the step of entering the expiration date it was as if I had somehow "overloaded" the phone's capacity to accept further keypad inputs. It wouldn't accept any more numeric inputs and the screen would go instantly black everytime I tried to enter something. I thought it might be a problem at the other end so I tried again with exactly the same result at exactly the same point in the process. I did it again on my landline phone with no problem.
    The native Android phone app accepts at least 100 digits (I stopped at that point). How many digits were you trying to enter?

---------- Post Merged at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by charterck View Post
    Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and need advice if anyone of you had my similar issue, i have an HTC ONE X and it keeps on shutting down lately everytime i restart it it shut down instantly.
    Sounds like either a dead battery or a hardware problem. (Bring it to the store and have them check it out.)

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Great topic, thanks for the info!!!

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Hi there,
    I bought Samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch , i turned off hspa using code *#302179#. Now my net speed reduced from 5mbps to 400 kbps . I want to turn on hspa on my tab, any help is really appreciated .

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Oh joy! at last now i can use more than 2% of my phone this is soooooo informatve,thankyou all who contriuted to these posts.

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

I need help with adding a 2nd Facebook account on my Nexus

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

error while obtaining root privleges,how do i bypass this?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

HTC phones seem to have the functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by rico2pool View Post
    I need help with adding a 2nd Facebook account on my Nexus
    Friendcaster lets you add multiple accounts. I don't know its compatible with your Nexus, never hurts to try. You can also try multiple browsers, use different ones for different accounts.

~~HTC Evo Design~~
    ~*Purple Android*~
    hell_on_heels likes this.

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Hi!

Just whant to thanks for this amazing thread.

Thank you..
    For sharing new tricks amazing information, but how do you find them all

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmark View Post
    Thank you..
    For sharing new trix amazing information, but how do you find them all
    In the app store. Look for friendcaster. After u log in, u can add another account. To get to that screen tap the little heads icon in the top corner till u get to the accounts screen or just tap accounts from the screen that says news feed, profile, etc. U can also change color scheme. Fweblauncher is another one. U can use it as web or mobile web. But it only let's u be signed into one account at a time. U can use fb app for one account and that launcher one for another. I know it's confusing, just play around. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Architect View Post
    Looks like great information. I am trying to figure out which Verizon Android phone to get (will be my first Android after a couple Windows Mobile phones). I need to get 5 posts so I can see the images.
    Get the S3 or the note 2

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast